Mk1 W/davec Stick Vs Mk2

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
Right now I'm very close to getting a GP2X.

I was wondering how much better the MK2 is than the DaveC stick on an MK1, if at all.

I can get a used MK2 $10 to $15 more than a used MK1 at this point.

Any advice?

Get a MK2; it has a higher voltage coming out of the EXT port, which will be usefull if you'll like to play with USB host cables and all that. The stick is also rotated to correct MK1's diagonal bias.

Its proven, I think, that mk2 doesn't have higher voltage. The BOB just doesn't allow mk1's... (It recognizes it by the reset pin, its changed, I think.)

The Mk2 has a funky screen gamma which makes thinfgs look weird by default, but theres a tool in the archive which corrects that IIRC. Somethign to look into.

jeff

skeezix said:
The Mk2 has a funky screen gamma which makes thinfgs look weird by default, but theres a tool in the archive which corrects that IIRC. Somethign to look into.

jeff
Not sure if its in the archive, but I cannot find it there :) seems here --> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...=37790&st=0 is the place to get the colour correcting daemon.

Like the above have stated, go for a MK2, the early MK1's and the second batch of MK1's had faulty internal components, the mk1 screens also have had some issues (dead pixels, pressure marks, to name a few) that cannot be fixed by simply running an application. Its also a false statement to claim GP2X MK1's generally overclock higher than MK2's, this is just not true. A few MK1's may reach higher clock speeds than the high end MK'2s, (people claim to be able to clock some MK1's up-to 310Mhz stable, I can clock my MK2 to 280Mhz, stable) but there ARE just as many MK1 units out there that will not clock above 240Mhz, just like there are MK2's that will not clock above 240Mhz, as far as maximum overclock goes, its a lottery, no matter what MK' unit you buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back