Detachable Digital Joystick?

timofonic

GP Mafia
Hello.

Some people think dpads are better in certain games with different designs. For some games the NES style seems better and for others the Sega Genesis/Megadrive/Saturn style.

Will the digital stick plastic be easily detachable so it will can be replaced by different designs that match better with certain game plays?

Regards.

timofonic said:
Hello.

Some people think dpads are better in certain games with different designs. For some games the NES style seems better and for others the Sega Genesis/Megadrive/Saturn style.

Will the digital stick plastic be easily detachable so it will can be replaced by different designs that match better with certain game plays?

Regards.
I.E. something like this?:

AFAIk the D-Pad is designed to be replaceble...but of course someone has to make other D-Pad Designs in real. I have no Rapid Prototyper so I only can Render my Design Idea and hope, somebody who can build it likes it to. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
The dpad is a modular piece that will be easy to replace. Of course by "easy to replace" I assume it will still require disassembly of the Pandora, so I don't think you'll be swapping out the dpad between games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my idea wasn't requiring disassembly but just some kind of screw mechanism.

I'm not sure if "fusion power" design is flexible enough for certain types of dpads, but it seems interesting and gives certain interesting concepts to apply.

The idea is of easy changing from NES style dpad to megadrive-like dpad or to an arcade-like one. After all one of the main uses of this machine is emulators, so the more it can be adapted to the controls of the emulated machines the better ;)

Any joystick would have to be made of very soft rubber, to prevent screen and hinge damage if you forget it screwed on.

He's not talking about joysticks, guys. He's talking about actual dpads. Like switching between a Genesis style dpad and an SNES style. Which is not going to happen.

Don't know why you'd want to go AWAY from the Sega style, though. ;)

Back