Desktop-mouse/nub highlight actions.

Stainy

Advanced Member
How can I change how my Pandora reacts when the pointer is over an icon?

currently it seems to auto select it... 

I want to change this to ( what I see as ) normal.. where you left click on the icon to highlight..

any ideas?

Darren

In the setting there is an option for the window manager. The opening window should more or less look like this :

xfwm4-settings-focus.png

Change the focus model to : "click to focus" :)

This has annoyed for for a long time.. I`ll try and explain.

Clicking on the Pandora icon ( menu pops up ) good :)

click on games once ( nothing ) twice ( nothing ) third time ( games open up ) 

this happens with all the items on my start menu.

I just want it games to open when I click on it once. not three times..

I`ve been all over the settings.. and I can`t find the options

thanks

Darren

How are you clicking? The only problem I have clicking on things in the menu is my right nub's propensity to interpret my left click action as almost anything from a right click to nothing at all. If your problem is similar (use the input tester thingy to confirm) then you might be better off using the buttons to access the start menu - Pandora button to open the menu, then up, down, right and enter to navigate and launch.

Wel, I know I can use the menu and nubs.. But on occasion I want to use the stylus.. And that's when I get the issue of having to click three times on something for it to open up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had similar issues. Then I gave up on tapping the screen to use the menu. Switched to dpad+enter and stopped being angry.

Ah, sorry I didn't realise you were using the touchscreen.

Only thing I can think of is that showing my Pandora to many people unused to resistive touch screens, they don't press hard enough to register a touch on the screen of my GHz unit. When I use the menu that way, it always works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW. I tried this again after posting that. and I do indeed have trouble in the menu using the stylus.  Not sure it used to be that hard to use, but I generally use nubs and keyboard now so I may be misremembering.

I suspect that holding down the stylus to select a submenu seems to work better, but it's early days so far and yesterday it seemed like dragging right worked better, but that doesn't work for toffee today.

I just poked around on my screen to test results.  I would say better than 90% of the time I have no issues.  I usually poke the arrow for some reason, so I tried clicking the test instead, and my results were consistent.  I think the times I had a miss it was due to not poking hard enough, because my last 20 or so pokes on menu items had no issues.

I am using all the most recent "official" software and kernel.  If you want me to check anything let me know.

In my experience so far it's difficult to test as once you've opened every submenu correctly, they seem to open right first time when you test them again, so it tends to confirm whatever theory you're developing. We need to find a quick way to reset the behaviour so we've a way to test our theories.  The shortest technique I've found so far is leaving it overnight, when the behaviour seems to reset.

Mind you there could still be something in the drag theory.  If it takes some appreciable time to render the menu, it may be checking that the mouse hasn't moved just before opening it.  Once it's cached the contents, there's much less likelihood of the stylus drifting in the short time it takes to redraw it.  Or that's today's theory anyway, and I've no practical way to test it.

Not sure if this helps any, but when I use the stylus for desktop navigation and such, I rarely use the stylus for anything other than poking.  I nearly never drag.  Also, I went with the improved precision thingy.

I have had some strange stuff going on unrelated to this, but I will post here if I have more than just the occasional, probably user error, problems related to touchscreen navigation and selection.

stainy,

I wonder if you cared to try my TSLIB calibrate PND. The symptoms you describe sound painfully familiar to  my own experience.

Back