monstercameron

Website
www.thinkteletronics.com
1,3mpix camera

3-4" capacitive touch panel[4:3 aspect]

dual slide pads

standard game buttons

mechanical keyboard(wuteva)

decent application soc(or amd temash apu)[most likely freescale i.mx6 quad(arm bigots[maniacal laughter :p ])]

combo wireless chipset(wifi,bt,etc)

infrared

monospeaker(speakers arent that important)

MUST BE MAX $299

gamepad_7_in_hand.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1,3mpix camera

3-4" capacitive touch panel

dual slide pads

standard game buttons

decent application soc(wuteva)

infrared

MUST BE MAX $299

gamepad_7_in_hand.jpg

that s quite sad that this design would not match with the linux community that need a little PC rather than a sort of Blackberry.

You should think to have a keyboard, surely, because the people need to code on it. Lot of people like Linux, and this P2B would be too big to fit in any pockets.

That's probably not a direction to go.

Shall be Open Linux Oriented. More would like to code on it, and play as well. Heavy coders, Heavy hackers, thus to have a keyboard and lid that are into Pandora 1 is ok

To be fair, the P1 isn't terribly pocketable, I find it quite uncomfortable frankly but don't really mind.

This is much better to my eyes, now let me fold it closed to protect the screen and buttons. :p

Might I ask where you got the keyboard design?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think you gain from losing the clamshell design of P1?

How many USB ports does it have? 

What do you think you gain from losing the clamshell design of P1?

How many USB ports does it have? 
by making it a slab, the controls sections have more vertical room and moving your hands between sections is easier.

It would lose out on shoulder buttons but that can be added via accessories.

usb ports[lol] 2 should suffice.

To be fair, the P1 isn't terribly pocketable, I find it quite uncomfortable frankly but don't really mind.

This is much better to my eyes, now let me fold it closed to protect the screen and buttons. :p

Might I ask where you got the keyboard design?
found in a google image search

palm_size_wireless_bluetooth_keyboard_1.jpg
I actually like the keyboard layout (symmetrical shift and function buttons, nice), and unlike the iCP2 my thumbs think they would be comfortable using it.

I was only heckling about the clamshell bit, this could be an interesting format actually. Any chance for four slim "shoulder" buttons on the back? I realize that throws a wrench into the ergonomy, however the gaming controls lack a bit without something for your index/middle finger to push when you're using them.

IMHO, The Pandora needs to maintain the clam-shell design. It makes it more portable. This design looks clunky and awkward. If anything, the P2 should be a familiar in basic design, but welcome improvement in terms of exterior polish and internal specs in comparison to the P1.

Where do you put the shoulder buttons?

Why do you need a grid-layout keyboard?

:( I'm turning into a old fogey at the age of 3000 posts, aren't I.

I invite y'all to look at some of the crazy P2 designs I posted when I was new(ish) here. I'm not all conservative grump ;)

Where do you put the shoulder buttons?

Why do you need a grid-layout keyboard?

:( I'm turning into a old fogey at the age of 3000 posts, aren't I.

I invite y'all to look at some of the crazy P2 designs I posted when I was new(ish) here. I'm not all conservative grump ;)
Yeah!  And I got my ass kicked couple time as well  :D

1,3mpix camera

3-4" capacitive touch panel[4:3 aspect]

dual slide pads

standard game buttons

decent application soc(or amd temash apu)[most likely freescale i.mx6 quad(arm bigots[maniacal laughter :p ])]

infrared

MUST BE MAX $299

gamepad_7_in_hand.jpg
Take a bluetooth keyboard, an iCP, a mini Ipad, a piece of plastic, and some crazy glue and glue them all together and you've got this P2 for sale  :D

Why is the dpad and game buttons so small. no apparent shoulder buttons?

Speaker are important, I generally don't carry around headphones and I hate earbuds.. 

Slate form factor electronics are all the rage these days.

FTRS_001_imageKA_C1_R_z_72303_640screen.jpg

Like the Nintendo 2DS.

I'm sure its more comfortable to hold something like this for a long time, as opposed to a clam shell design thing.

It looks good enough, like some futuristic tut coming straight out of Tron. But the screen is more prone to be scratched. (can I have it transparent blue with glowing bit built in?)

We should also consider the possibility of P2 being quite thick (with all the chips and batteries and a keyboard mat built within).

It's also important to keep in your mind that the device must not be very large. It needs to provide easy reach to both its d-pad, abxy buttons and the shoulder buttons at the same time.

Another issue with this design is: you can't sit it on the table. You have to hold the entire thing with your hand all the time. Try holding a book for a solid 3 hours (a decent lengthy gaming session). Your shoulder will turn black and fall off.

Also, the suggested price 299 is ridiculous. It's simply impossible unless P2 is some sort of repackaged Chinese tablet. ED will have his neck broken and being punched in the stomach repeatedly.

Slate form factor electronics are all the rage these days.

FTRS_001_imageKA_C1_R_z_72303_640screen.jpg

Like the Nintendo 2DS.

I'm sure its more comfortable to hold something like this for a long time, as opposed to a clam shell design thing.
i'm sure it looks ugly as hell, too. ANd probably not very practical to touch the bottom screen. This design doesn't make any sense at all. I wonder what the clusterfuck happened at Nintendo. Did they start smoking weed in Kyoto ?

Back