Dead Smc

Im getting the same error.Evey time i try and look at my card say the dman thing need reformating then I click yes and it say card can not be formated

when my SMC died and none of the card readers would even detect it to format it i borrowed someone's SMC to put slubman's firmware on my GP32 and used the format option and now my smc works again :D

is it possible that u accidently gave it a static shock? that could damage it If Im not mistaken. :(

I used to do this to my vic-20 years ago... zap it in the cartridge port with the inside of a clicky lighter... did I kill my first computer? don't remember... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
when my SMC died and none of the card readers would even detect it to format it i borrowed someone's SMC to put slubman's firmware on my GP32 and used the format option and now my smc works again :D

Did that just 5 mins ago... It sid FORMAT FINISHED -

201559304 Bad Blocks!!!

LOL I think the card is dead :p... Im waiting for the links on Aquafishes site to work again and I will try Aquafish that has GPDrive built in and use the Dead SMC Recovery tool on it... I got the Slubman firmware with Phodrive, but I dont knwo if that has the Recovery tool built into it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back