Dead Sd Or Card Reader Problem?

brandon9271

Still Fresh
ok.. I just got my A-Data 2GB 150x Turbo card and I was all excited until I put it in my card reader and... nothing! the card reader just blinked non stop. I havent tried it in the GP2X because I've heard horror stories about using non formatted SD cards. My reader is a "Kingmax USB 2.0 MMC/SD Card Reader PRO" its pink in color.. not blue like the the Kingmax readers on newegg now. I was wonder how I can determine if the SD card is DOA or if the reader just isn't compatible. I guess I can try put the 2GB card into my Zodiac and see what happens... :huh:

If you've got firmware 2.0, "autobricking" shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I just went through "card" problems. I would recomend trying different card readers before you assume the card is bad or you have problems. I bought some cheap ones on E-bay (lesson #1, you get what you pay for sometimes) and i can only work with them with one of my card readers, and several otehrs dont like them. I got an error soemthing like "101 cant write" and looked on the web, almost every reply said the card was bad. but after reading a few posts (here and other places) I tried a different card reader, one format later and all was well. Even so I wouldnt recomend SDL brand cards.

Clok

Back