Davec's Improved Firmware

Claym99

Website
www.myspace.com
i had the original 1.4 and i saw DaveC's so i d/l it and ran the patch and it said "Updating" or w/e it say's then it said "Completed hold on" and it sat there for an hour or so then i decided to reboot...so i did and now it hangs on the yellow/green loading screen.....what do i do? :(

DaveC released a firmware?

edit: hehe it's only with the new tweaker image. I have no idea what the problem is...perhaps you didnt update properly? Or maybe the different FW variation doesnt work...sorry, im sure someone here can help

DO NOT FLASH IT. I MADE A MISTAKE.

Do the file sytem one! Thats what you need.

Sorry about this folks

DAVEC DID NOT DO THIS. ITS JUST GOT HIS IMAGE IN IT. DONT BLAME HIM BLAME ME!

Reflashing the filesystem takes about 20 minutes of hard core current draw. I would risk it for a kernel, but not the filesystem. Time to take a trip to radio shack.

I can't access my video menu now though... it just hangs at a black screen, I can push start and it will go back to the main menu and it will go to any other sub-menu but not video. any suggestions or help? reflash maybe?

sam fisher posted on Feb 20 2006 at 01:51 AM said:
Next time I will just upload a script to copy the file in. lol. Sorry for the problems.

Is this the same file at GP32Spain.com?

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/downloads.php?do=file&id=455

Firmware 1.4.0 con LCD Tweaker de DaveC
Archivo: Firmware 1.4.0 con LCD Tweaker de DaveC (2.71 MB)
Autor: DaveC (subido por Wild[Kyo])
Añadido: Hoy
Descargas: 8 = 8 downloads?
Puntuación:

I've sent a link to this topic in case it is. I hope you don't mind. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Claym99 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 02:35 AM said:
I can't access my video menu now though... it just hangs at a black screen, I can push start and it will go back to the main menu and it will go to any other sub-menu but not video. any suggestions or help? reflash maybe?

Personally, I would run the utilities patch for whichever firmware you are now using.

Claym99 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:35 AM said:
You need to basically update to the proper 1.4.0 (now the only the correct one is available on gp2x.de).

NeoStuey posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:46 AM said:
Next time I will just upload a script to copy the file in. lol. Sorry for the problems.

Puntuación:

Sounds like it. Try to get it taken down. So basically they stole the news from the archive without testing it. Possible from here even though the thread shows it bricks them. My batteries have run out half way through the bloody flash. damn annoying things. At least it has not destroyed mine more than it already was. Ill repair it in the morning.

A important lesson from this. Any 'hacker' who knows C for example could put something in the firmware section on gp2x.de and then flash everything, including the U-Boot, with nothing. Then we would be in trouble...

sam fisher posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:06 AM said:
A important lesson from this. Any 'hacker' who knows C for example could put something in the firmware section on gp2x.de and then flash everything, including the U-Boot, with nothing. Then we would be in trouble...

The only lesson I see here is that you are an idiot.

I feel sorry for the people who have bricked their gp2xs with your stupidity.

Iorgy77 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 06:13 AM said:

Harsh but fair. Slow down, read posts and ask before you do stuff that your not sure about. Check it out on a forum first...... oh yeah, you are now youve fooked it. :lol:

Iorgy77 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 07:13 AM said:

exactly.

It worked for me first. But only looked as though it did. As only the patch is different and I still had my Nand locked so it actually didnt work. When I realised this (I had midum) then I did it and it screwed the root file system. The only thing different is an image. Someone else was talking about doing this earlier. I only did what someone else did. Calm down.

Trashman posted on Feb 20 2006 at 09:42 AM said:
Iorgy77 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 06:13 AM said:

Harsh but fair. Slow down, read posts and ask before you do stuff that your not sure about. Check it out on a forum first...... oh yeah, you are now youve fooked it. :lol:

I did what someone put on the forums. Its only the filesystem fooked. A reflash fixes it.
Iorgy77 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 09:44 AM said:
As if I would ever install anything by sam fisher... But how are n00bs supposed to know he is famous for knowing two things... jack and shit.
I havent been that bad recently. I actually know a lot of things and did quite a few things for the community. I am famous for screaming breaking gp2x's :p

aapje89 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 12:04 PM said:

exactly.
STFU people who have brains of a fish arent allowed to call me stupid!

Claym99 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:35 AM said:
You need to basically update to the proper 1.4.0 (now the only the correct one is available on gp2x.de).

NeoStuey posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:46 AM said:

Puntuación:

Sounds like it. Try to get it taken down. So basically they stole the news from the archive without testing it. Possible from here even though the thread shows it bricks them. My batteries have run out half way through the bloody flash. damn annoying things. At least it has not destroyed mine more than it already was. Ill repair it in the morning.

GP32Spain.com have removed the download. Unfortunately 29 people downloaded it first. :(

Lucky I spotted it there while I was browsing or it could have been more. ;)

Back