Update Dave Gnukem

Hi all :)

@David Joffe : I'll update my package to 0.96 ASAP (Monday afternoon if time permits). I'll add -DPANDORA to the CFLAGS, and will provide a better keymapping now that (Y) and (X) buttons (PGUP/PGDOWN respectively) are available. Thanks for the tip regarding the .git directory, and there are no problems at all (AFAIK) with the .gnukem subfolder :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

@David Joffe : I'll update my package to 0.96 ASAP (Monday afternoon if time permits). I'll add -DPANDORA to the CFLAGS, and will provide a better keymapping now that (Y) and (X) buttons (PGUP/PGDOWN respectively) are available. Thanks for the tip regarding the .git directory, and there are no problems at all (AFAIK) with the .gnukem subfolder :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Great! Note I want to try do a 'version 1' release very soon - I might decide to 'call it version 1' this weekend already - or maybe sometime within the next week or by next weekend - so just letting you know in case it works better for you to rather wait for the official v1.0 that's fine, ie so you don't have to do everything twice.

(Note the main menu background has changed - one remaining issue I have is that I thought that old main menu background was really ugly - so you'll see I've replaced it with a simple black/blue gradient for now, which is a bit plain but I think is less ugly than what was there??? I may still try find or make something nicer to put in the main menu background, or I might just leave it as is now due to time constraints. I hope ppl didn't prefer that old one?)

*EDIT* FYI I've created and added a new main menu background that I think is "acceptable" and committed that - so use latest github master, as of writing this it calls itself 0.97 - there are also some other level improvements and fixes and sprite fixes

Cheers, Magic Sam

I've decided to 'call it version 1' and did an official v1.0 .. let me know if u have any problems, all feedback welcome. Including if parts of the game are boring let me and maybe I can try still improve a few things for a v1.0.1 or a v1.1 etc. .. likely there'll be a v1.0.1 within the next month in any case.

@ptitSeb Sorry for mistakenly 'missing' your contribution in the credits, have tried to update the code and Readme just now to more fairly reflect

Matter of fact, I have been playing Dave Gnukem again the past few days.:) Still not full through yet this time.

Back