Damn Those Homebrew Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiike

Still Fresh
why do people make 1 bit graphix that nobody is gonna play!?

homebrew got to be the worst name made! GP32 is for scumm and other emus that runs lucas arts games and genesis, os9x, gpcinema, mp3 and maby a ebook reader

stop making your shitty homebrew games! or at least keep them for your selves!

i have now clenced tha gp32_console for all you motherfucks!

(i am talking about ADIC 2004 and PDroms and such)

You are either taking the piss, or you are an ignorant/ARROGANT PR!CK...
<_<

Homebrew contains all of those things you mentioned anyway, Emulators don't appear from no where they are Homebrew themselves.

Besides other people like me enjoy the homebrew games. (Are you sure you didn't just try and play games from the "Crap games competition".

Eres más idiota q una tostadora tio, se nota q no eres programador, q eres un completo CATETO.

Tio, pq no le preguntas a tu madre pq no uso metodos anticonceptivos?

why do people make 1 bit graphix that nobody is gonna play!?

homebrew got to be the worst name made! GP32 is for scumm and other emus that runs lucas arts games and genesis, os9x, gpcinema, mp3 and maby a ebook reader

stop making your shitty homebrew games! or at least keep them for your selves!

i have now clenced tha gp32_console for all you motherfucks!
Ha ha! That game was for the "crap games competition". It's a joke, it's supposed to be crap, it was just for a laugh so that people could muck about and have a go at coding perhaps.

Homebrewn's great, but this one may not be as good as that was its intention!
Have you played SmashGP or GPFinalWar? ....

Last edited by a moderator:
When you create your first uber game... you might just have the right to complain.
Why did you buy a gp32 in the first place if you think the hombrew is so crappy?

random%20051.jpg

Attachments

• random%20051.jpg
    random%20051.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 170
GP32 is for scumm and other emus that runs lucas arts games and genesis, os9x, gpcinema, mp3 and maby a ebook reader

A farmer's scythe is for reaping hay. It's also for cutting the soul's link to the body in the hands of the Grim Reaper, and possibly good as an alternative to a pitchfork in the hands of a mob weilding flaming torches.

The farmer doesn't complain that the grim reaper isn't helping him make hay; the grim reaper doesn't get arsey about why ever the farmer isn't helping him with the oh so gigantic job of administering deaths correctly.

Everyone uses something for something. If I use it for things other than you, then that's my business. It is, I feel, woefully immature to suggest otherwise.

Oh, and PLEASE learn to spell :p

GP32 is for scumm and other emus that runs lucas arts games and genesis, os9x, gpcinema, mp3 and maby a ebook reader

A farmer's scythe is for reaping hay. It's also for cutting the soul's link to the body in the hands of the Grim Reaper, and possibly good as an alternative to a pitchfork in the hands of a mob weilding flaming torches.

The farmer doesn't complain that the grim reaper isn't helping him make hay; the grim reaper doesn't get arsey about why ever the farmer isn't helping him with the oh so gigantic job of administering deaths correctly.

Everyone uses something for something. If I use it for things other than you, then that's my business. It is, I feel, woefully immature to suggest otherwise.

Oh, and PLEASE learn to spell :p

Good comparison.

Anyways, why do we need people like him?
Why not just ban him?
I heard of other people getting banned for minor reasons... :D

How about an automatic asshole ban? Everyone that talks/writes like him (ultra mega getto gangsta style) will get banned immediately.

Isn`t that a nice idea?

If people stop coding for the GP32 it will not be because of another or better system, it will be because of the community and posts like this. I for one can't wait to get my computer up and running at home so I can read EvilDragons Fenix tutorial to start coding my own stuff.

Though i feel constructive critisism is needed to make things better, post like this are not.

i said homebrew GAMES not emus...and there are SOME exeptions like metal slug and advance wars but those was not 100% finished i would like to see games like elma(elastomania) and such made.....but those others...

i said homebrew GAMES not emus...and there are SOME exeptions like metal slug and advance wars but those was not 100% finished i would like to see games like elma(elastomania) and such made.....but those others...

Hmm. I use my SNES to play SNES games.
I use my GBA to play GBA games.
I use my GB to play GB games.

Guess what I do with my GP32?
I'm hardly playing emulators anymore since homebrew games have become real good...

and if someone wants to tell me that a game written for the CRAP GAME COMPETITION is CRAP... well... how crappy must that brain be???
Reminds me a bit of the scrap brain zone from Sonic ;)

Last edited:
Also some homebrewn games aren't very good. Yet you can tell by looking at most of them how much effort is put in, therefore even if the game isn't to good and is just a clone of a rom it's still enjoyable as you know how much effort's been put into making it.

It's like a bad pre-raphelite painting, sooo much effort put in yet it's quite awful (not saying I don't like pre-Raphelite by the way). However then you get the odd asshole that thinks he's at a higher level than all the rest of us and "paints his soul" on to a canvas whereas really he's pissed on it or something "expressing his inner-self". That';s the kind of person that doesn't appear in the GP32's vast coders list :D

All the homebrewn games I've come across have been well-made and effort has been put in. A 3d demo may be "crap" to you as it does nothing fun yet it's a look into the future development of the GP32's homebrewn games.

In fact homebrewn is having a revolution at the moment, emulators are becomming brilliant and the coders (you're all ace) need something else to do. The variety and diversity of GP32 homebrewn games is evident from the Reviews section on this site or Don's brilliant site.

Also there's so many competitions with time limits meaning most people want to make something original and ace, the best idea is of course a homebrewn game.

I can't wait to get my new GP32 so much stuff to put on the SMC :D

There's so many out there, I advise you try a few more, some can keep you really occupied, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back