D-pad Replacement Units, Some Suggestions?

bacteria posted on Jul 13 2006 at 11:31 AM said:
Yes at most. All the emulators work fine without this "extra circuitry", with the exception of Gngeo, which doesn't seem to work diagonals by triggering two of the up/down/left/right directions at the same time. It clearly is looking for a true diagonal.

Indeed, I use in gngeo the Case2 of DaveC's joystick diagram. The goal was to try to avoid the diagonal bias present on the GP2X. I can add an option to desactivate it if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
kzar posted on Jul 19 2006 at 12:03 PM said:
I don't think he can patent it now because he has talked about it in public on the forums?
Don't see why not, it's all about prior art. I don't believe you have to patent something before you use it (IANAL)

pepone posted on Jul 19 2006 at 12:49 PM said:
bacteria posted on Jul 13 2006 at 11:31 AM said:
Yes at most. All the emulators work fine without this "extra circuitry", with the exception of Gngeo, which doesn't seem to work diagonals by triggering two of the up/down/left/right directions at the same time. It clearly is looking for a true diagonal.

Indeed, I use in gngeo the Case2 of DaveC's joystick diagram. The goal was to try to avoid the diagonal bias present on the GP2X. I can add an option to desactivate it if you want.

You don't even need to put in an option. Just make it so that if you press 2 ordinals at the same time it gives a diagonal as well as the way it is now. Adding that would not change anything for the standard stick.

yeah, that would help a few people out for sure, pepone.
I missed playing gngeo until radek sent me a sample board. His kit is still the way to go, to add the center push function back, so im very happy he took the time to developed it.

DaveC posted on Jul 19 2006 at 04:13 PM said:
You don't even need to put in an option. Just make it so that if you press 2 ordinals at the same time it gives a diagonal as well as the way it is now. Adding that would not change anything for the standard stick.

I think sometimes I'm not enough awaken :lol:
Great suggestion.

Back