Custom TV-out Cable Pre-orders (Split from other topic)

I'll probably see about getting a refund from Craig since it'll take quite a long time until the official TV-out cables are produced, I think. When you're able to take more orders, drop me a PM.

To honest, I have to say that my "cable building process" slows again - mainly due to family issues. Children are back to school, son got flu, wife upkeep... ;-) ). And last weekend I was just lazy - beside family care I just wasn't able to persuade myself to make on cables but read book, dough clay for son and watch films...

Here's one thing I'm wondering that I hope the guys with cables can answer for me: what's it like playing on the Pandora while it's connected to the tv with a cable?

Hmm yes, I didn't think about linking it with a wireless controller!

Thanks for that, I just read through that thread you pointed me to the other day. Thanks for clarifying.

ICP feels a little more squishy than the Pandora button wise, dpad etc. Have one charging now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one thing I'm wondering that I hope the guys with cables can answer for me: what's it like playing on the Pandora while it's connected to the tv with a cable?
It works great, though after so long without the feature, sometimes I find myself looking back at the Pandora's screen after having paused a game, instead of at the TV. :lol: I'll get used to it, I'm sure.

pretty much awesome! :D

hinge at 180°, screen off, no problems

tested with icontrolpad, works even better
Screen off? Mine mirrors. :blink: Are there some options I'm missing, or are those not in Hotfix 5? (I'm waiting for Hotfix 6 to go final before applying it. :p I don't want to re-do my tweaks and such.)

It's good to know that the iControlPad works well with the stuff that supports it. When everything (or at least more of the things I use regularly) supports it, I might look into buying one purely as a player-two controller to keep around for this purpose. After all, having both players on equal footing with the quality of their controls would be good!

Yesterday I was preparing cable (cutting material) for cables (product :rolleyes: ) and find out that I reach 100 m. So, beside that I have to order new material, there is nearly 100 m of Pandora's TV out cable :) Mostly in 3 m pieces, a few 5 m and maybe one 10 m (it end as 6 foot (2 m)). Yes, there was a few issues. I replaced 3 cables already and 2 others seems to has some issues too.

My Pandora is so bad mane (LCD cable, nubs, USB) that I have to send it to ED for some care at last. I postponed this hardly but now it really must be done. I'll continue with cable meanwhile my Pandora travelling - don't worry.

---

I finally made a few photo snaps (sorry, only mobile - Xperia X8) to show you how cables looks:

DSC00107.jpg DSC00108.jpg DSC00109.jpg

I was found some older photos showing soldered TinyBoB to EXT port connector and tools I'm using:

Fotografie0339.jpg Fotografie0341.jpg Fotografie0342.jpg

Enjoy :)

hi

peca's cable works great (psx emulator, some random games) with tv out script on HF6 beta1;

only thing is i can't get it to work with panplayer

tried mplayer -vo x11

but get message saying mplayer not found

also tried using pnd_run /full path/PanPlayer -vo x11 but does not work

anyone got panplayer to work with peca cable?

cheers

hmm actually just discovered that video files play okay with tv out setting set to overlay!

hmm edit

scracth that seems alerinos settings are needed!

cheers

strange can't seem to play files on original settings just on pandora not with tv out?

edit 2

no seems default settings work without tv-out must have been related to the tv-out script as alerino says below

Wow, peca. I wasn't expecting the cables to look that good :)

Good thing the Pandora trained me to be patient :p

I would like a 5 meter cable, with RCA and Male S-Video, as well as Serial Lines. I will also want to pay $10 extra and as well I want fast shipping method. I'm sick of watching Frasier on my laptop.

I will definitely need this cable. I have the one for my TP2 and love it. It makes my TV useful. I won't order it now though due to other plans I am looking forward to.

My cables arrived today. They are awesome! Looks great on my LED TV. Quality is better than most cables you'd buy in a store. I'm not surprised. The best classical guitar I've ever owned was hand-made in the Czech Republic. Now if I can just play a game on my TV while playing my guitar I'd be in heaven. Need to grow two more arms.

Back