Currently Gaming Thread

sataniC Virus said:
Never tried the Settlers series, whats it comparable to (if anything)!? Original looks a bit like a moe strategised mega-lo-mania on Amiga ... which is a good thing imo!!

Well, Settlers 1 and 2 are the best in the series, With Settlers 2 Gold being the best of all in my opinion. It can be quite difficult to compare Settlers 2 to other games, Though it`s a bit like a more basic version of age of empires, But can be very resource management based (if you choose) with a bit of combat thrown in. Where as, Settlers 3, 4 and possibly 5 are predominantly combat based games with a bit of resource management thrown in. Game play can be quite slow for many, With levels/scenarios taking days (depending how you play them) sometimes weeks to complete. And that's if you manage to win. I love the game for it`s slow pace, Which can be quite relaxing, Which is probably the reason i`m still playing it, And still haven`t completed it, Which i don`t plan to do anytime soon, As i am just enjoying the journey, The destination can wait.
icon4.gif

Oh btw, Combat is quite basic and non hands on, As in, You or your opponents initiate a fight (by clicking on an opponents guard hut. Then the crossed sword icon), Then the computer takes over and you just sit back and watch your solders travel to your opponents guard hut and plays-out a non interactive fight sequence. Depending on the outcome of said fight, Whether you gain control of that guard hut, Thus some of their land or you loose every solder you sent into that particular battle.

You should give it a try sataniC Virus, If you get the chance, Though it`s not for everyone.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I'm close to the end, and I think it's probably the best game in the series.

After many retro-gaming (GP2X and PC) I currently play more the modern games onto the PC, especialy Sacred 2 (good!), Far Cry 2 (not easy!) and Street Fighter 4 (insane!).
I really suck on SF4 but at least my Arcade Fight Stick TE helps a little bit to have some kind of a chance to win sometimes. ^_^ This Arcade Stick is also good for many MAME games by the way.

trooper said:
You should give it a try sataniC Virus, If you get the chance, Though it`s not for everyone.

Trooper

Thanks for detailed reply Trooper. I just checked out some gameplay videos of Settlers 2 on YouTube. It does look pretty slow paced, although good. Not sure if I have the time to invest in it as I don't get much time for gaming these days (for example I started Kingdom Hearts in May and am not finished yet!! - I only get time for a few hours per week for 'proper gaming'!).

Most of my gaming these days is on handhelds in bed before sleep! That's why I love Dingoo (& previously GP2X). However, I have Settlers 2 on my list of must try games now :) Once I get my job & house in proper order I should get more time for doing what I want!

Currently playing as quick fix gaming: Virtual Pool Mobile by Celeris on my WM phone.

Playing on the original Quake on my Nintendo Wii, homebrew of course.
laugh.gif

Aktualy, i play on my Ds lite: Rune Factory, a fantasy Harvest Moon, Pokemon Platin, and GTA Chinatown Wars, and on my PSP i play: Final Fantasy Disidia, and Soul Calibur Broken Desteny..

The first few hours of Dissidia were so terrible I thought I'd just leave it, but after playing some more it's growing on me. It's still far, far from superb, and the story is atrocious, but the game is at least reasonably decent.

Gruso said:
Half Life. I thought it was about time. I decided to do it loungeroom styles (because my flatmates like watching good games) so I picked up HL1 for PS2, and the Orange Box for 360. I did HL1 in two gruelling sessions, and now I'm about 3/4 through HL2. Episodes 1 and 2 to follow...

I don't throw the word epic around too much, but I'm throwing it down here.
Too bad you're not doing on the PC, or I would suggest trying the HL Mod I am a dev for Sven Coop.

Me, I'm playing Duke Nukem Forever on my Quantum Computer.

BackAssward said:
I am a dev for Sven Coop.
SC2. Now.

Also.. been playing lots of Left 4 Dead recently. Deciding whether to preorder the next one or not. I'm thinking I should...

Just finished Star Ocean: First Departure on PSP, and near the end of Batman: Arkham Asylum on 360. I recommend both games, especially Batman.
I'm probably going to have a go at the original Silent Hill next, didn't have a playstation when it was first released, and always thought I missed out.

Batman: Arkham Asylum. This is the best new game I've played in a long time. Entirely too addictive.

I had recently bought Mario Strikers Charged Football on the Nintendo Wii so will be playing on that tonight.
smile.gif

Commandos!

I decided to try installing it on my gaming PC at about 11:50 last night. I was slightly dismayed to have an error when running the installer, saying that it can't run on 64bit version of Windows because the installer was 16bit. I then had a browse of the CD, found that the game wasn't compressed or anything on the CD and decided to try loading it, and it worked! Manually installed it, game automatically appeared in Vistas Game Explorer, along with lils bits of info about the game and a pretty picture. Decided to have a quick go on it and three hours later decided it was still awesome and played ok on new machines (along with still having v nice graphics), although it is a little bit fast, but this launcher fixes that. Will be playing again tonight!

Also installed the new update to Multi Theft Auto last night, and MTA now works on my desktop, woo! Could only play it on my mac before :p

I just remembered how damn good Age Of Mythology was. Been playing it for wayy to long :lol:

LOL, I prefer AOE. My sister actually loves that one, I'm proud to say.

Doesnt seem to be many PC gamers here :\ lol

Just finished Batman Arkham Assylum a week ago, god that was an amazing game.

Currently playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (and I just ordered an ATI Radeon HD 5850 :)

Once I get the new card I'm going ot start playing the game "Risen" as it's supposed to be up there with The Witcher, and need to finish Ghostbusters as well seeing as it raped my 8800GT a new asshole.

Oh and when borderlands comes out....GOOODBYYYE SOCIAL LIFE!

Back