Current production run

monkeyams

Still Fresh
Hey guys, sorry if this has been addressed in the forums previously, or even recently, but I haven't had the Pandora on my radar for quite some time while away at school.

I was wondering if anyone knows approximately where the production numbers are on the very first run of 4000 Pandoras (the ones started back in 2008)? I was quite confused upon browsing the news section to see that the prototypes for the next batch are up and running and shipping will begin soon. I would have contacted someone in sales to ask this instead of bothering the community here, but the only contact email I have is from almost 2 years ago when I first ordered :wacko: Have the originals all been sent out yet?

Thanks everyone for any info, and sorry for being such a newbie in the forums!

They're not prototypes for the next batch, they're prototypes to finish the first batch.

Exact numbers aren't very well known by the community, but I think the estimate is around 2000. CircuitCo, the company that was supposed to be building the electronic components, repeatedly failed to deliver. It took several months but OPT has moved production to a (hopefully, and thus far) much more reliable factory in Germany. That's the prototypes that you read about, the first batch of the last half of the first batch. :p

At this point in time I think all batches are just kind of run together, they're just going to get them out as fast as they can and try to keep their heads above water.

Between ED & Craigs shop there are about 1200 remaining to be shipped. 2/3 Craig, 1/3 ED would be the ratio IIRC.

Back