Current Development Team

The problem I see there is the enormous ammount of wasted space in the sidebar.

Whitespace (or here, redspace) should be used with care.

I'll make the case that at this point it's just an example for a home portal and we haven't defined what will even go on there. I don't think I'm crazy in assuming you're not going to try to fit all the site's content on one page, am I? :lol:

If it's the concern of non-functional space in a scrolling version of the page, there are creative solutions... all the widgets you can eat! Calendar, Gallery, Tweets, Call-To-Actions with pictures of products to buy, latest downloads, etc... But I really think the main page shouldn't be scrollable. It would be nice if it just panned on larger resolutions. The page template area can even just be a blurry pic for scenery with 1-2 headline boxes for latest stories.

pyra-pillowcones5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there someone who is experienced and wants to take the task of organizing the Coding Department?
If noone else steps forward, i might give this a try. I don't have much experience in organizing a development team, but i do have experience in coding and in teamleading in general (and especially with teams of volunteers). I'll just hope i find enough time - so if things don't work out, don't hesitate to tell me so we can rethink the situation.

Nilsnsn and Dresha, thanks a lot for your offer :)

Dresha, if you're fine with it, then I'd like to assign you to the task.

We can also talk German internally, which should help a lot :)

I'll contact you this week :D

Well, if you two want to work together on that, I'd be fine with that as well :)

Maybe having two people knowing what's going on is not a bad idea ;)

Let's try to keep this "team" as tiny as possible.  Otherwise, this team will hemorrhage MONEY.  Let's try to allow them to MAKE MONEY this time.  If they can do that....then they'd have a better feeling about the next time and the next time and.....

We're all human.

A lot of us are geeks and love this tiny machine, and want it, or what it can become in future iterations... let's not destroy US and succumb to the bloat that other companies do/have.

I love this community too much.

LEAN and MEAN---->   with a nice and smart (technical) edge.

Hello everyone :) I have been missing for a little I am definitely going to be more active this week. I will make the necessary account for the web development when it is possible :) as well as a wiki account to help with the wiki. I will have it all under the same name.

Let's try to keep this "team" as tiny as possible.  Otherwise, this team will hemorrhage MONEY.  Let's try to allow them to MAKE MONEY this time.  If they can do that....then they'd have a better feeling about the next time and the next time and.....
I've got some major deadlines to meet on a project, so I'm defaulting to the original position I proposed of just contributing ideas + suggestions and should not be considered a part of the team in any official capacity.

I'm currently working through all suggestions made in this forum section by the community to structure them and make a short overview of milestones.

Those I will discuss with ED and Nilsnsn. After that I will contact the people that registered themselfes here with tasks suggestions.

I'm currently working through all suggestions made in this forum section by the community to structure them and make a short overview of milestones.

Those I will discuss with ED and Nilsnsn. After that I will contact the people that registered themselfes here with tasks suggestions.
Uh, where can one view these milestones?

Not sure if you need help or not, but I have a lot of html/css experience from designing concrete 5 templates. I would love to help in my spare time.

Back