Current Development Team

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
This post shows the current development team of the website.

Let me know if I forgot you, if you're accidentally on the list or whether something about your knowledge is wrong.

Please note that right now only coders / designers are listed here - no content yet, as we first need to have a working framework before we can really start with the content.

Here are the current team members:

Development leaders:

Dresha + Nilsnsn

Design:

ekianjo (UI / Layout / Colors)

FZERO (Graphics / CSS)

Dresha 

Binky (Graphics Work)

DFP (Templates design)

cuetzpalin

Björn (CSS)

Code:

Timstertoo

milkshake

groovechicken (html/css/Javascript/php/MySQL)

Majin Wamu

Dresha (Drupal / Wordpress)

Nilsnsn (Typo3, PHP/MySQL, HTML, CSS and AJAX)

Ponsen (HTML / Java / SQL /Drupal 7 / PHP)

Björn (HTML / PHP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome I made it! Right now I am in finals week, but I will give as much time as I can. After this week I will have so much free time I won't know what to do with it. I am totally excited for this!

I may not have a lot of time initially as just started a new job and for the first few months i will be dedicated to that.

You cann also add Codeignitor als a framework to my knowledge if you like.

I can do html and css and have experience with Bootstrap as a responsive framework.

The only cms I've worked with is WordPress and my php skills are limited to beating WordPress into submission. I need to up my php game seriously though so I'm available for the tasks no one else wants to do.

I'm ok with js and JQuery, mainly done DOM manipulation fairly good in making stuff move /appear /disappear when elements are triggered or certain parameters are met. Dipping my toes in knockout.js framework but probably best to look at angular for this project.

In it to learn and help so happy to sink my teeth into anything that needs doing.

I know the people involved pretty well, and they know me even better
To be frank, its not about whether you know people, its about whether you can can get along with them.

There is no text per default because text sucks, the user doesnt suck
I strongly disagree with this. Text can, when well written, be clearest and most compact way of transferring information

Perhaps you don't personally like prose, but I don't like huge images and big areas of blankness, punctuated with a single sentence in letters 40 pixels high. It has to be a matter of opinion and compromise.

I also think that we should be very careful about building advertising schemes around software. The Pyra is a hardware project, and the software is almost entirely the work of other people (that is, not ED and co), and available on other computing devices.

While there's nothing wrong with mentioning it, the focus should be firmly on the hardware. When describing potential use cases, they should be examples, rather than statements of intended purpose.

Dont get me wrong, i love prose, but not on websites, text being bad there is often the case. Im humble enough to know my text sucks just as much, as prosaic and verbose as i may be,

which is why the rule i made for myself was to try and convey info by other means, and then resort to text as a last option. That way it serves its true purpose, and also i believe more complex is harder to get fully right, for text as with anything else. KISS.

Its a take on the everywebsitesucks.topdomain thing, whatever the url is, if you know what im talking about.

I know a lot of people dont like me, but then again it isnt about me, what is well known about me isnt my person, what people know is what happens when i am in charge.

That is something to consider. Leaders dont apply for leadership, they are born that way. Whether that is me, i dont know. An ombudsmann is someone who chores naturally fall on, and is obligated in a way to handle things, as they are apt to handle the task.

And i feel like giving it a go, because i care about the result.

If someone has to take some hits in being unpopular for seeing the project through, then that is me, and im happy to do so.

Edit: One way to do things is have a chain of responsibility, and allow that in many ways to take over for feedback loops. Dont like that much, effective and efficiency isnt the same thing.

The way i see it is not in accepting chain of command, but rather to have enough overview to allow oneself to take critique. If there truly is enough overview then that will prevail.

The critique that follows is what im interested in, the constructive part thereof.

Eki: I share your preference for UI design. Would be very interesting to know what you think about my mockup.

Edit2: If we could agree on a idea of something then that is a much better approach than starting in the wrong end, or derailing. To be torn between two equally non-good ways to do something i dont want.

A lot of designs have come along, many of which are good, but all known to be broken. What they convey in addition to the barebones plan is a good debate to have.

Pandoralive is a very good example of how to do a text-based website design.

The site is only black text on a white background, but is readable, well laid-out, looks good, and copes well with different browser window sizes.

and copes well with different browser window sizes.
That part was certainly intentional. I spent quite some time adjusting the different responsive layouts to ensure they work well and look similar no matter what device you use.

I still plan to do more work on that front, but that will probably be later when I move to "pyralive" or something :)  

There are serverall approaches you can do to please the audience. Pyralive is a blogging page and looks like one. The pyra webpage could for example be more image weighted with text where it is needed.

But all this should be decided from ED as the Stakeholder and the Community as the second Stakeholder.

Here's some creative fuel for a page. The Nav Bar would dock at the bottom and snap to the top once it hits the top of the browser window and stay there even if you scroll.

When an image is uploaded to the CMS, it would add an entry to the image library, and show auto-generated file resolutions with the option to upload replacements (which are also force cropped/resized to avoid mistakes). Each image is set as a background image for each div with the clickable overlay divs(shading effects, white text) nested on top.

Cool screen but I have to add to Ziz that floating Navbars are a pain on some devices and it's unnatural for mainstream users to finde the navigation on the bottom of the page.

They are used to finde the navigation on the left or top.

You guys stop moaning about navbars floating because the design can be responsive so on the pyra or Pandora screen for example it wouldn't float.

+1 for me on that design DFP

Back