Diy Kits

WizardStan said:
On the other hand, Craig did say that they intended to sell replacement parts. If they sell ALL the parts you could need (and really, there aren't that many of them: board, nubs, speakers, LCD, case, and battery) you could just buy them piecewise and assemble from scratch. I don't know if that'd be any cheaper than buying an assembled Pandora though.
It would be nice to see a list of every single component (including price).
Also the option to buy the whole Pandora as parts "without warranty" for the same price as a build Pandora might be interesting for people (preferable a little cheaper).
A complete video tutorial how to put a Pandora together(part by part)would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm Marcus from lionhead...
Marcus Lynn???
Going to GDC this year man?

Yes, that's me. Unfortunately I won't be going to GDC this year, too busy working on Milo & Kate, all work and no play :-(
M.
-----------------------------

Welcome Marcusl!

Please ignore any stupid/rude comments. I think a vast majority of people here genuinely care about what you have to say. I bet once the first batch is released people will start planning some neat hardware mods. In the mean time I just want a normal Pandora in my hands asap.

(forgive my hypocrisy, quick brown nosing moment, I think the Milo & Kate demo stole the entire E3 show, hands down)

I would also be interested in a Pandora kit, as I'd be taking it apart and putting it back together multiple times anyway. As far as a warrenty goes it doesn't matter to me, I've never made use of any warrenties and don't ever plan to.

rabidpoobear said:
Crap, now I feel bad for saying all those things about Peter Molyneux :p

I don't particularly like his games, but the guy certainly has vision. He's the kind of guy that needs tons of funding to do whatever he wants with no requirement for returns on investment.

Didn't he demonstrate a Portal system a half decade before that game was released? ;) And with Fable II, he pushed ahead with AI. Too bad it didn't come out on PC - I actually bought Fable I.

I'm impressed by the dude. But like I said, I don't really find his games fun. :p Fable was okay because of the fun combat.

I respect Peter Molyneux, he made some of my favorite games when working with Bullfrog : Syndicate, Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper and Syndicate Wars.

Guess I'll see the fruits of his labor at the conference, hopefully you guys will see mine as well....

We will all find out soon enough. the conference doesn't even start until Tuesday, but allot of us are going to be there on Sunday for some fun. Plus we are pre-gaming on Monday as well. Why is this important? It's important because It is usually when I find out all the "good info" before everyone else do. My journalistic roots are showing, my (English penmanship is failing me :lol:)

keep up to date by clicking on my signature down there.

It'll be fun and I'm sharing Because I love you guys :) .

Is there any Pandora related questions you want me to ask the Devs?

wermy said:
I think it's cool to have industry people on these boards -- makes me wonder how many more are lurking around here.

Maybe there are ;)
dx1.png

Attachments

• dx1.png
    dx1.png
    982.3 KB · Views: 113
I say a good 37 of us lurking about. based on looking through all the usernames.

EDIT: Scratch that, there is allot more than that. Glad this isn't neoGAF, all of you are so well behaved :lol: .

gosse said:
wermy said:
I think it's cool to have industry people on these boards -- makes me wonder how many more are lurking around here.

Maybe there are ;)
dx1.png

No way. You're working on Deus Ex 3?

I'm so starstruck right now.

Attachments

• dx1.png
    dx1.png
    982.3 KB · Views: 120
Back