Credit Card Orders

smanky said:
Have you filed a formal complaint against your bank? If you haven't, you should.
Exactly. Don't let them get away with this - what if, in the future, a similar new company falls flat because of the very same problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well..
I'm just waiting for the announcements...

I don't care if i don't get my pandora this year.. but i really thought we would have some pics and videos yesterday/today.

I can wait 2 months more if i see some apps into the pandora archive, some pics, some vids.. etc

And i would like to know why we have nothing ..

smanky said:
How does a chargeback differ from a refund?
A refund is initiated by the vendor, crediting back money the customer paid to them.

A chargeback is initiated by the customer, through the card provider. It is essentially the customer 'demanding back' their money through the intermediary (bank or card issuer), who then recovers it from the vendor.

craigix said:
Also please don't request charge backs - this only leads the bank to believe they were 'right' to do this and weakens our argument that there were wrong - they have also told us they plan to charge us $38 for every charge back they receive just to kick us while we are down due to their actions.

people are contemplating charge backs due to the un-professional nature of whats going on. as in highlighted in this topic on the other forum.
http://forum.openpandora.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=737
Which leads to the impression that this is a scam. which i do not think is true, but i have to admit it has been handled poorly.

Things i suggest you can do to at least put some faith back in is;
1. update the news section on the main pandora site.
2. as suggested name the bank so we can put some 'customer pressure' which will most likely speed up their actions. if they get the impression your a big customer and not a small one they can $fsck around with they might treat you better.
3. UPDATE more often, even if it's minor, it gives the impression of progress. also put the updates on the FRONT page. not in the blog, not hidden in the forums.

Wow, I thought I was immune to all of this reorder stuff for some reason, but come Friday, I got the dreaded reorder email. I'm not out too much, as the forex was luckily at a good point (I got $355 CAD, I should be able to order at that if I reorder at the right time). I have to admit, though, I'm now tempted to just walk away. If I saw the promised vids of the finished Pandora, I would probably not be having this inner crisis. In any case, I think we can all agree that this is a HUGE headache, with no one completely to blame. I'm almost envious of the second-batchers now, since their process will be easy compared to ours.

craigix said:
Hello everyone,

Also please don't request charge backs...
Yeah, You need to communicate this with the ladies helping you, since I asked them a few days ago if I should go ahead and do this and one of them said it would be ok. So unfortunatly I did. Sorry.

Hi,

No it won't affect your ability to re-order, just ask them to issue a
chargeback against the transaction.

Thanks

Debs

2008/12/8 Jon ****** <**********@gmail.com>:
> Actually, If I just go to MY bank and get them to issue a refund, will it
> effect my ability to reorder?

Edit: I will be more than happy to sign a legal document stating that I speed of which refunds were being processed is the reason I issued the chargeback and nothing else.

enemyphoenix said:
craigix said:
Hello everyone,

Also please don't request charge backs...
Yeah, You need to communicate this with the ladies helping you, since I asked them a few days ago if I should go ahead and do this and one of them said it would be ok. So unfortunatly I did. Sorry.

Hi,

No it won't affect your ability to re-order, just ask them to issue a
chargeback against the transaction.

Thanks

Debs

2008/12/8 Jon ****** <**********@gmail.com>:
> Actually, If I just go to MY bank and get them to issue a refund, will it
> effect my ability to reorder?

Edit: I will be more than happy to sign a legal document stating that I speed of which refunds were being processed is the reason I issued the chargeback and nothing else.

Impatient.

pferguso said:
When I first pre-ordered the Pandora, it cost $481.58. My refund came today, but it was $399.86. I hope I have some more refund money coming, because my refund does not cover the cost of re-ordering!

Yes it does, you'll only be expected to pay $399.86 back.

Video's in the next few weeks? I think alot of people were expecting a video of a completed pandora this weekend!??

Guess we're looking at february for shipping? I was sneakily hoping for shipping to commence in the next few weeks, not still waiting for video's..........not complaining, well, just a little bit of complaining!

joa said:
Impatient.
Waiting over two weeks for a refund to post is patient enough. And I asked openpandora if this would be ok and they said yes. If craig would have posted this a few days ago or if they would have said something in the email, I wouldn't have done this.

ckblackm said:
TaG said:
As to how much it will eventually cost, this has been explained endlessly in the other threads but no one seems to take any notice. The fact that you're not prepared to wait for the final outcome before making more threats I find sad. Whilst we are at it, this is a *community* project. Where do you think all the software and such is coming from? Antagonise the community is not a good starting point.
It's very easy for one who doesn't have to worry about the difference between paid/refunded to feel "sad" for those who do.Possibly, but I and others have pointed out many times that it is expected that the re-order will cost approximately the same as the refund. My point being that
a/ people are not taking any notice; and
b/ as a result threatening to do chargebacks rather than wait for the definitive answer
Even after Craig has just asked people not to because of further costs.

If I didn't care I would not bother to try and point people on the right path - but it is frustrating that people feel the need to make uninformed threats on a forum. If you are genuine and that pissed off reply to your order confirmation email and make your point/demands there.

TaG said:
If you are genuine and that pissed off reply to your order confirmation email and make your point/demands there.
^ This. Even with all this trouble and I'm sure the flood of email they have to deal with, the ladies responding to emails have been prompt and have never taken more than 24 hours to respond to my numerous emails about the status of the refund.

That bank should be nominated to world's worst bank 2008 or something. I hope the whole chargeback nonsense won't cause you guys too much problems, as much as I'd hate to see the Pandora go under as a project I think you guys being out of house and home because of these ... people would be far, far worse.

I dunno.... Losing 2/5 of the sale price of a pandora for every chargeback can't be good.

If you liked Skeezixs Pandora benchmarks vs. other handhelds and thought they were impressive, well, prepare to turn it up to 11.

But this goes ONE louder.

Alright!

Back