Craig's selling more Pandoras on Ebay for £135

Wait there were 150 sold Ghz units for 700$. This are 105.000$. On top of 80.000$ dollar for the parts ED bought. Almost 200K $. All Ghz Preorders were solved right?
No, he sold about half of them to new customers.

The other ones were upgrades from existing orders, so these didn't make as much profit.

All Ghz Preorders were solved right?
No, apparently there are still 1Ghz preorders waiting in Craig's line. I saw one not too long ago on the boards.
The 1GHz ones should've all shipped, there might be a few who have been missed by Jacquelyne, but the 1GHz queue was finished before the survey.

Has anyone thought about contacting Jacquelyn about these units? Since she's the one actually selling them on eBay. Would be most effective if it was someone who was willing to accept the unit to fulfill an outstanding preorder. Maybe could get some information as to why she's the one selling them, since it's pretty fishy. Maybe Craig "gave" them to her company.
Yes, I sent an email, somewhat unsurprisingly, there has thus far been no response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes your blood boil doesn't it
It does :(

Wait there were 150 sold Ghz units for 700$. This are 105.000$. On top of 80.000$ dollar for the parts ED bought. Almost 200K $. All Ghz Preorders were solved right?
No, he sold about half of them to new customers.

The other ones were upgrades from existing orders, so these didn't make as much profit.

All Ghz Preorders were solved right?
No, apparently there are still 1Ghz preorders waiting in Craig's line. I saw one not too long ago on the boards.
The 1GHz ones should've all shipped, there might be a few who have been missed by Jacquelyne, but the 1GHz queue was finished before the survey.

I think I am among the last ones of the 1GHz upgrades, received on 20 June, now a happy OpenPandora owner :) Just 2 of my friends are still waiting on 1 order of 2 Pandoras. I learnt about OpenPandora from them :(

I don't see any danger he could do to my company. No one would believe him anything about the Pandora anymore. (...)
In my opinion you think he has a lot more power than he really has.
That was a few years ago. Now everyone except his old preorders mostly thinks about me when it comes to Pandora, not about Craig.
what legal action can those of us in the USA (or outside the EU in general) take?
You could take the average Wal-Mart customer route and just complain ti everyone as loudly and as publically as possible
That won't help much, as everyone would just remember that OpenPandora screwed him, no one would know who Craig is.
"everyone ... mostly thinks about me when it comes to Pandora" ;

"That won't help", because "everyone would just remember that OpenPandora screwed him" ????

Both was your words (from this thread).

Basically, you said we can't publicly rant him, because Pandora (+you, your company...) will be hurt (instead of Craig)?

Are you still sure that you are not hostage of that situation, and he can't hurt you / do more damage?

Right now, if he (!) start ranting on Pandora - everything that will be said bad about Pandora now goes on your account, not his.

Of course that he will not introduce himself like "Mr Craig, guy that scr* whole project".
He will be "Jacquelyn, the innocent" or some other "independent guy who really know what is all about".

It was not for arguing, just to think about it a lil bit more...

The original plan involved all sales of new Pandoras going through ED, who would then use the profits from those sales to fund outstanding preorders. This plan was made null and void once Craig asked to collect money for 1GHz Pandoras directly then purchase them at cost from ED (and AFAIK he never even did that much, ED sent him a batch of 70 which Craig somehow thought was a free gift).
By now I'm quite sure "somehow thought" was actually his intentional misinterpretation of ED's plan, as he received the invoice multiple times when he was sent the 1GHz units (based on what ED said). Craig knew that he would get no profits according to ED's plan, so he deviced a plan of his own: raise the price of 1GHz as much as people would pay (first do some usual probing on a forum thread (first post didn't have a price originally)), then ask ED for units that he would supposedly buy for production costs. But the thing is, he never intended to pay for those 1GHz units, as he just knew he can write them off as "free pandoras" from ED's plan! He also exploited ED's naiveness (once again) to get as many units as he can in one go before the supposed payment, and then ask for more until denied. The whole "I'll buy units for production costs" thing also served as a workaround to long wait time on pandoras that come naturally from wait on ED's profits to fund free pandoras according to ED's original plan.

This may sound as a conspiracy theory but if someone has better explanation of 1GHz fiasco, feel free to provide one. The assumption that he sees those 1GHz units as free ones is further supported by his attack here and here (of course he also "forgot" about the bought out parts too).

As for where the money went, no explanation was ever given so I can only assume they went somewhere "safe", Craig's relatives perhaps? Legal action could be useful to help finding out.
This conspiracy theory is something that looks very possibly what was really happened here.

Ok, let's talk about some facts.

1. Craig lied multiple times, intentionally.

2. Every time happened, those dishonest behaviors was about timing / money ...as I remember. And Time is Money, right? Oh, and about guilt (always somebody else).

3. Because of that he lies and accused someone else for ruining business plans, we can't be sure does any of those other people really got money in time etc.

What we could know and could reconstruct for sure?

1. Total amount (approximately) of money he "spent on bad business decisions" of his known projects (does he?). We could reconstruct hundred thousands (millions?) he got for sure.

2. Total amount (app.) of people he owe something - Pandoras, upgrades, ICP2, refundes... at least few thousand people.

3. Time-line of money flow, his business (+"accidents") going etc

When we put this numbers in time-line, it will show us an annuals pattern of continuous sucking of money / goods.

It could be reconstructed in time that mostly all lies he did, as a consequence, somehow made some goodness for him he got from his customers / business partners.

As I know, there is no a real evidence that he really made any losses for him. As ED said (for his part of business story for difference between 150/550 preorders), he don't have a clue where that money gone.

I really don't care is he a drug addict, gambler, or a swindler... or just a bad business decision maker

He is a liar, he is doing it in purpose, for years, he took hundreds thousands $ from thousands of people that did not get what was agreed.

So please, could somebody start to count how much money he got until now, for sure?

My first goal is to prove that he is not "poor guy that is falling down because of bad circumstances" (at least he has not to be), so that we forgive him hiss naughtiness.

Because, if "conspiracy theory" is even partly true, I think that his final act should be that he somehow convinces us to believe that he is the biggest looser in this story, so that we do not prosecute him. But If he can prove at court that he is not just stealing money from people for his own goods, that will be best for all.

Right now, I can't be sure that some other "Ithic.com & Link", guiden by some other "Jacquelyn", is not starting some other KickStarter project. As his new project & his alter ego, of course.

I think Link would have something to say if he started pretending to be him.

The only money you can't make a reasonable guess as to where it went on the project is the money ED gave him for the 1Ghz units.  A mortgage, rents, wages aren't free, especially over the course of what, five years between the date he originally promised to have units out by and the date ED took over.  That's what lack of planning contingencies and backups (esp. when you're going for the cheapest price worldwide) costs.

So, poor planning, poor communication to the point of outright lying, yes, I'm fairly confident you can lay those criticisms at his door.  But theft?  Not convinced.

He also doesn't seem to be very good at disguises, happily.

I think Link would have something to say if he started pretending to be him.

The only money you can't make a reasonable guess as to where it went on the project is the money ED gave him for the 1Ghz units. A mortgage, rents, wages aren't free, especially over the course of what, five years between the date he originally promised to have units out by and the date ED took over. That's what lack of planning contingencies and backups (esp. when you're going for the cheapest price worldwide) costs.

So, poor planning, poor communication to the point of outright lying, yes, I'm fairly confident you can lay those criticisms at his door. But theft? Not convinced.

He also doesn't seem to be very good at disguises, happily.
What disguises are you referring to?

So, I got an email from Craig yesterday. Apparently most of the PCBs I replaced the nubs are broken somehow and no one wants to buy them.

That's the reason these didn't go to preorders. However, not even the ones that have been fully working went to preorders, as we all know..

He is still trying to assemble more of the units.

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me:

Why did he let me replace the nubs on PCBs he hasn't even tested before?

BS-Meter.jpg

It's still theft if you use the money you don't own for paying your rent, no matter how you turn things around.  

This is not true, if my company would  take money for 100 washing machines and pay the rent for the office of my company and deliver only 80 washing machines and then run out of money, it is not theft it is insolvency.

Why did he let me replace the nubs on PCBs he hasn't even tested before?
Well, did you indicate to him clearly in emails that you will not test the PCBs, but only replace the nubs and send them back right away?

Maybe he figured he'd get free testing and possibly even fixes...

More likely, though, is that he did not really know what was wrong with the PCBs. He just guessed they could be the nubs.

When it was, fine, working PCB to sell to a new customer.

When not, nubs soldered off and on to another motherboard for testing with that... if not that, then the next one, and the next one, and.... this until no more boards or nubs broke from constant de/resoldering...

Or then some other simple answer which made "sense" from his point of view.

Who knows... who cares... the only thing that sucks about this is the extra work you had to do for nothing :-(.

Back