Craig's selling more Pandoras on Ebay for £135

Nah, but collecting a mob and doing stuff with tar and torches might be seen as less than peaceful. 

You know what I mean, really.

Let's get back on topic.

Isn't this thread about Craigx doing stuff he shouldn't ?

OK nevermind I guess it IS on topic then.   :p

We could tickle Craig to death by dropping him into a giant vat of feathers...

But I ask again...who shall supply the feathers?? :p
indian_chief_headdress_war_bonnet.gif

UM ME!

Holy crap! I was just going to open a thread as a proud new Pandora owner... Craig approached me via email, offering refurbished units at different prices. 100% functional for 120 pounds. Since I had originally preordered on the first batch that got fooked by paypal back in the day and never got the money to buy one after, I gladly accepted and bought a CC unit. Had a little trouble with the shipping, as he did not provide a tracking number and also didn't reply to my requests for one (first he promised he would send it immediately and then never did), but the parcel arrived in due time and I was a happy camper.

Now I read this! Not cool. I feel like my pandora is tainted and should have gone to someone else first. I have really been gone for quite a time. To think that I even wrote a nostalgic bit about what great times I had on gp32x in the old days and thanking him for that... I guess it doesn't change anything in the past for me and also not the relevance craig had in me becoming a retro/homebrew gamer/hacker but this is still outrageous.

Then again, if you've been hanging out on the neo-geo.com forums you know drama... I wonder if craig will start selling NGF boots next ^^ bigtymer anyone?

Holy crap! I was just going to open a thread as a proud new Pandora owner... Craig approached me via email, offering refurbished units at different prices. 100% functional for 120 pounds. Since I had originally preordered on the first batch that got fooked by paypal back in the day and never got the money to buy one after, I gladly accepted and bought a CC unit. Had a little trouble with the shipping, as he did not provide a tracking number and also didn't reply to my requests for one (first he promised he would send it immediately and then never did), but the parcel arrived in due time and I was a happy camper.

Now I read this! Not cool. I feel like my pandora is tainted and should have gone to someone else first. I have really been gone for quite a time. To think that I even wrote a nostalgic bit about what great times I had on gp32x in the old days and thanking him for that... I guess it doesn't change anything in the past for me and also not the relevance craig had in me becoming a retro/homebrew gamer/hacker but this is still outrageous.

Then again, if you've been hanging out on the neo-geo.com forums you know drama... I wonder if craig will start selling NGF boots next ^^ bigtymer anyone?
CanI ask how many refurbished units he was offering in the email he sent you?

And also how long ago the email was sent?

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't give any specific numbers. Just said he had a couple in different states of repair available and that they had to go fast as it was the last units left. I assumed these had been waiting to be fixed and were not meant for official sales, thus the ridiculous pricing. I can pm you the original email if you want me to. A bit hesitant to post it in the thread though, I don't want to fan the flames.

^ that's ok , I was just curious to see if he mentioned how many 100% functional ones he had

This really dampens my excitement of finally owning an OP. I will donate to the pot as soon as I get my paycheck.

...this aggression will not stand, man. -The Dude

Well, if you are an early preorderer, don't feel bad.

You seem to be ripped off as you would be a customer that would be ok to take a refurbished unit for your preorder but now paid again to get one.

He should have sent it to you for free.

Technically he still owes you a Pandora now.

Well, if you are an early preorderer, don't feel bad.

You seem to be ripped off as you would be a customer that would be ok to take a refurbished unit for your preorder but now paid again to get one.

He should have sent it to you for free.

Technically he still owes you a Pandora now.
On second reading here, I think he got the money from his original preorder back (as in, PayPal canceled the order) but just didn't have the money again later to make the purchase.

Yes that is exactly what happened. Since I didn't have the money for it after the great paypal fail, I retracted my preorder. Anyway, good to see you here Exophase! Great to see some of the old gurus are still active and busting out code :)

Yes that is exactly what happened. Since I didn't have the money for it after the great paypal fail, I retracted my preorder. Anyway, good to see you here Exophase! Great to see some of the old gurus are still active and busting out code :)
Thanks and greets :D All circumstances notwithstanding, it's cool you got a Pandora after all this time.

Offering Pandoras to people who made orders w/PayPal in 2008 but couldn't update the payment to something else is maybe a tiny bit better than just putting them on eBay.. but it's still pretty annoying. To think, Craig has kept around this list of people who tried to buy but couldn't (five years ago!) and is offering them Pandoras instead of his long standing customers. I think even offering to sell this to his preorder customers for the same fire sale prices would be better than selling them to someone else, but he must know that they'd want them without additional cost (like they rightfully deserve).

Actually, I think the real reason Craig isn't even offering these to his preorder queue is because ED and the community have proven themselves willing to try to pay for those no matter how long it takes, so Craig can sit back and not worry about it :| Probably in his mind he thinks they were ED's responsibility all along and he doesn't have any accountability for them anymore...

I doubt he had my former preorder in mind when he emailed me. This whole mess leads me to believe that he sent that mail to people he knew were interested but not active on the forums.

Well, he had your e-mail on a list for some reason or other.. I can only wonder why r_r

Well if you think the Pandora was to cheap, you can donate to the donation pot. 120 Pounds are 140€. So the difference to a CC Pandora is 60€. Maybe you want to donate but anyway, welcome :) .

Back