Craigamp 3.0

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone, if you could test this just before i make it public, I think is pretty solid now, I will still add in any suggestions though.

http://gbax.com/CraigAmp3.zip

---------------------------

New in 3.0:

Files are now listed alphabetically.

Random play now shuffles the playlist rather than jumping around it randomly, this
means you don't get repeats and you can see what is next.

You can now softscroll by holding up or down, it will get faster the longer you hold it.

Playlists are now saved with windows AND unix line endings (and no more 'x's)

New playlists are now saved into the DIR where you chose to create them rather the DIR
you were in when you chose to save them.

Message to say 'create new playlist with A button' if no lists are found.

Player no longer misses 2 songs when looping back to the start.

If a picture cannot be found for a song/album/artist but there is only one picture in
the current DIR it will assume that picture is the artwork and show it.

A couple of things:
-It'd be nice if the volume level was saved (as the directory is) after you exit it. A few times, I've forgotten that it isn't, and put in my headphones before I started the player... Ouch. :wacko:
-I had the same problem with the last version, but if I enter the lockup mode and let the screen turn off, then unlock it, then lock it again, the screen won't automatically turn off. I thought it had to with me messing up some setting in the last version, but I tried it with a clean install, in a clean directory.

The new shuffle and the new scroll work great, and the alphabetized playlist is a godsend! :D

EDIT: Oh, I'm on 2.11, with the latest gmenu, by the way. If it makes any difference.

The weird thing is that I can't recreate the volume bug here, it is saved (but only after a new track starts). I'll have a play around tonight and try to squash whatever is causing the bugs.

craigix said:
The weird thing is that I can't recreate the volume bug here, it is saved (but only after a new track starts). I'll have a play around tonight and try to squash whatever is causing the bugs.
Oh. :/ How odd. It saves the song I was on properly, though.

I tried both with and without gmenu2x, and with CraigAmp in a folder called "CraigAmp" and "CraigAmp3", both in the root directory. Didn't make any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
That bug has stopped me from using the player.

its a good player, works great. sounds better playing ogg files than in the firmware player. if anyone noticed with the default music player, the music kinda switches audio volume slightly from left to right at odd times. really annoying. this player sounds cleaner. the other player sounds so dull.

your player is easier to scroll music. i use a 2 gig card just for music and the default player is bloody slow. you can switch pages here and search my letters and words. (awesome option!)

the only prob i found with this player is when you are switching cpu speed, the sound will stop and you have to reboot the program. also, i cant exit the program without it crashing on me. also, you know how you have to press select to fast forward a song? well, when i try, it locks up on me.

other than that, i love this player. ill never use the default one again! the sound is sooo much more superior with this one!

clean_sandwich said:
its a good player, works great. sounds better playing ogg files than in the firmware player. if anyone noticed with the default music player, the music kinda switches audio volume slightly from left to right at odd times. really annoying. this player sounds cleaner. the other player sounds so dull.
Actually, I'm getting the left/right switching in this one too. Craig, are you using the firmware's built-in audio player routines rather than rolling your own?

D.

Hello Chaps, i've made some tweaks, if you could be good enough to re-test that volume error?

gbax.com/CraigAmp3beta.zip

I think i've fixed that volume bug (stupid debug mode error)

No I don't use the system player routines, I use new ones. Could your speakers be faulty?

As for fast forwarding an OGG - i'll look into why it does not work.

Thanks,

Craig

I've heard of hacked firmware updates-Would it be possible to add this as the default player, it would be much more convenient.

Eddie

Eddie said:
I've heard of hacked firmware updates-Would it be possible to add this as the default player, it would be much more convenient.

Eddie
Hi, Im also of the opinion that this player is much more superior than the one that comes for default..

Im going to try to explain a hack so you can have the CraigAmp3 Player for default in your gp2x...

First, you need to telnet your gp2x. Explained here : http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/UsbNet_on_Linux

After you are connected to the gp2x do:

cd /usr/gp2x

Then you have to rename the original MusicPlayer, could be something like

mv MusicPlayer gp2xMusicPlayer

After this you have to link to the CraigAmp3, In my case..

ln -s /mnt/sd/Utilities/CraigAmp3/CraigAmp.gpu MusicPlayer

The important thing here is that you correctly link to the CraigAmp3 program you have, and name it the same as the original was. Remember that if you move this program in your SD to another place, you will have to correct the link so its pointing to the right place.

Well...Thats it...When you start the Music Panel on the gp2xmenu, it will start CraigAmp3. I hope you enjoy this hack..

thetaz

PD:sorry for my english...

Back