Cradle Shuts Down Gp2x

milkacow03

Still Fresh
so i just got my cradle in the mail for my F200 and after removing the rubber EXT cover i turned on my GP2X, plugged it in, and the screen froze and went fuzzy... whats up!

btw i have firmware 4.1.1

Sounds like the cradle is holding your GP2X in reset. Did you supply power to the cradle?

yeah but it was 4.5 volts and DC 300mA

and i tried it without any power and it still did that.

i thought u only needed the cradle to be plugged in for more power consuming usb devises?

Yep, cradle should work fine without a power supply, for TV out and basic USB devices (keyboard, mouse, thumb drive etc).

I wonder if it's a firmware 4.11 thing... has anyone else with this firmware used a cradle?

Should, but my cradle didn't work (caused the exact problem you state) unless I plugged the adaptor in, and that was FW 1.1.2 (or 1.2.1, can't remember).

It really looks like power starvation or reset problem - ie, hardware rather than software.

I've used my GP2X to power the cradle off batteries alone, and it works fine (I was only doing some quick USB testnig) but generally I try to power the GP2X using an adapter, and letting the GP2X feed the cradle juice from its power supply. Works great, both F100 & F200. I've never attached anything to the DC port of the cradle.

bloodxgore749 said:
so i just got my cradle in the mail for my F200 and after removing the rubber EXT cover i turned on my GP2X, plugged it in, and the screen froze and went fuzzy... whats up!

Hey i got the same problem that u have how do u fix the problem, I got worse case then u because it even fry all my usb device mouse and keyboard. I have to throw it away, now i don't know what to do with the gp2x cradle.

Last edited by a moderator:
tony2k1 said:
bloodxgore749 posted on Aug 6 2008 at 12:55 PM said:

Please check your pm bloodxgore749 how do u able to fix the gp2x cradle don't be to selffish! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone help me with this topic please please anybody know how to solve the problem? :rolleyes:

Back