Cpu/lcd/ram-tweaker V.2.1 Beta

god_at_hell

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
Visit site
jix modified the tweaker 2.0 source and added a daemon-mode.

This means you don't have to use scripts anymore. You can run the tweaker and start the daemon there or you run a simple scriptfile once after your gp has booted up. When the tweaker runs in daemon-mode, you can over- or underclock the gp2x per hotkey while you run a program like gngeo.
There are several options (e.g. max and min clockrate, the hotkey, the incrementation of the clockchange ...) per menu and commandline. See the readme for further information.

Note that this is a beta. There can be some bugs and the OSD is missing (will be in the stable version).

You can download the new tweaker here

Hmm... I wonder how this will effect performance if the daemon continuously runs in the background. Any ideas?

Still, a very cool addition to this utility. Thanks jix, wherever you are.

reaper79 posted on Aug 28 2006 at 03:07 PM said:
Hmm... I wonder how this will effect performance if the daemon continuously runs in the background. Any ideas?
It shouldn't effect performance noticeable as most of the time the daemon is sleeping (eg it gets no cpu from linux...) and only wakes up twice a second (you can change that time in the menu) to check the buttons... i havn't done extensive tests yet but in the few cases i tested it i had no performance drop...

reaper79 posted on Aug 28 2006 at 03:07 PM said:
Still, a very cool addition to this utility. Thanks jix, wherever you are.

Thanks. And... i'm here :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to add that i'll be happy about any feedback like "Works with game ???" "Doesn't work with ??? breaks sound/video/whatever when incrementin/decreminting/whatever cpu speed...".

And yeah that's because i'm too lazy to do a lot of testing :D

Probably it's more case by case,

but can somone say to me what are the best option for a MK2 Gp2x for
the ram tweak option [ It would surly help a little bit ] Cause my Gp2x crash
at 250... so everything I can use.. I use it.

Thank for your info

paxl13

Back