Cps2x Problem

jimmyslam

Website
Visit site
It has a really annoying bug that when u draw a non-clockwise circle with your joystick:
right, then top-right, then top, then ,top-left, then left, then bottom-left, then bottom, then bottom-right, it doesnt work if u press right and it gets stuck. (Try playing marx matrix with that bug ;))

It is really impossible to finish any level of any shot em up with this bug.

Maybe somebody can have a look at the emulator code... , I cant compile it so I cant fix the problem.

Cheers!

I already noticed that there were something wrong with the joystick, but I just believed I was killing my joystick playing 1944...

I am going to have a look at the sources, but did you try to contact the coder?

Nop, I was hoping them to read this. Anyway it shouldnt be a big issue as long as u can compile it. If somebody tries and is not sucesfull i will have a deeper try and send the code to compile by somebody.:D

I have compiled it, but I did not solve the problem so far. If you want to have a look, the GP2X joystick management is not in usbjoy, but directly in emumain.c. If you find it, I will compile it for you. Good luck!

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is?

I've played cps2emu extensively and even had some input with the code so I know it fairly well.

I've tried your anti-clockwise circular input, however I couldn't detect any problem.

Where/how does it get stuck?
If you disabled USB joystick input?
Do you have a non-standard joystick? ie. Dave C modded control?

JimmySlam said:
It has a really annoying bug that when u draw a non-clockwise circle with your joystick:
right, then top-right, then top, then ,top-left, then left, then bottom-left, then bottom, then bottom-right, it doesnt work if u press right and it gets stuck. (Try playing marx matrix with that bug ;))

It is really impossible to finish any level of any shot em up with this bug.
Maybe somebody can have a look at the emulator code... , I cant compile it so I cant fix the problem.

Cheers!

Interesting. I've never had that problem, and I've beaten Mars Matrix on the GP2X, to completion. (God I love that game.)

I've never had any issue with input, not with clockwise or anticlockwise, so I don't exactly know what the issue is.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is strange.... ii have tested it again and it does it 90% of the times...

I tried it in service mode and in game. To replicate the problem u have to press all the directions one after other non stop.

i dont have usb joy, i just have firm 2.1.1 in a MK1....

what do you have?

Yesterday evening I tried to reproduce the bug and it happened to me, too. I even had a look at the code to check whether something was wrong. I found nothing.

Then today I tried with other emulators, and the same thing happened.

I think (if we are talking about the same thing) that it is an hardware problem. When you make a full circle anti-clockwise, you tend to make the joystick slightly turning on itself, until it reaches a point where it does not work anymore. Then, when you release it, it goes back to its initial position and works again. It probably depend on the way you hold the joystick, the pressure you give, which could explain why it happens to some people and not to others.

If this is the explanation, the only solution would be to get use to it or to buy a DPad mod...

jaesond: Just curious: any idea how many credits did you use to finish Mars Matrix?

Back