Cps1/2 Emulation

suj

Still Fresh
Hi

I recently tried a CPS1/2 emulator on a friends PSP and was impressed with it, I remember hearing about a CPS1/2 emulator coming out on the gp2x, but cant find no information about it.

Does anybody have any further information or update regarding this emulator for the gp2x, as the gp2x should beable to emulate this pretty well, even Mame runs some CPS1 games pretty well.

Thanks

Yes there are some CPS1 games that work on mame!
I have,
Final Fight
Punisher
Cadilacs and Dinosaurs
Carrier Air Wing
Mega Man - The Power Battle

all running on mine right now. I am not sure what others are able to run. Maybe someone else has something else running that they can list.

^MiSaTo^ posted on Oct 1 2006 at 04:57 PM said:
Well, it's glad to see non-spanish people have a look to my web :p (this reminds me, i have to put some translating stuff in it)
The emulator is finish but for the gui. As i've said in gp32spain, now i'm going to the university in the morning and work in the afternoon/evening (sometimes even at night :() So i'm not sure when i'll be able to release it.
But be patient :lol:

And for the other emulator... we're looking to port a CPS1-CPS2-CAVE (dodonpachi, esprade...) emulator but it will be much more difficult, so we will last a lot until we can release a beta.

Cheers

That sums it up. If a mod gets a chance, could they move this to the cool ideas forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Many CPS-1 games work very well on MAME. Only a matter of time before we have CPS-2 in some fashion on GP2X. Go Spain! :)

Now 61 CPS-1 games are running in MAME GP2X 3.0 (almost all CPS-1 games). But no CPS-2 support.

To get perfect CPS-1 and CPS-2 (like in the PSP) somebody would have to port a recent MAME for the GP2X, and of course spend a lot of time to make it running at playable speed.

In the PSP, MAME 0.107, C68k and CZ80 cores were used... But there are no source code for the PSP CPS-1/CPS-2 emulators.

Regards.

Is Radien Fighters Jet (actually, any Radien game) playable on the gp2x? is it a CPS-1 or CPS-2 game? I haven't heard anything about it. I tried Raiden Trad for the Genesis, but it sucked.

atomicthumbs posted on Oct 13 2006 at 01:22 AM said:
I tried Raiden Trad for the Genesis, but it sucked.

Try the PC Engine version, I remember it being very good.

atomicthumbs posted on Oct 13 2006 at 11:22 AM said:
Is Radien Fighters Jet (actually, any Radien game) playable on the gp2x? is it a CPS-1 or CPS-2 game? I haven't heard anything about it. I tried Raiden Trad for the Genesis, but it sucked.

Raiden (and followups) are NOT CPS-1 or CPS-2 games.

CPS hardware is used by Capcom (and licenced) games.
The hardware is 68000 and Z80 CPU based.

Raiden was developed by Seibu Kaihatsu. (Some of the followup games were developed by others)
The hardware is V30 CPU based. Later Raiden games used 386 CPUs.

efegea posted on Oct 12 2006 at 11:00 PM said:
You will see soon something related to cps2 and CAVE from spanish coders ;)

excellent.. hopefully it will emulate CPS2 games that mame gp2x at present cant (for e.g 19XX, Gigawing, Dungeons & Dragons etc) and have sound on CPS1 games like Punisher and Cadaillacs & Dinosaurs.

CAVE game like Dodonpachi on the gp2x would definitly make my Christmas..

Franxis posted on Oct 13 2006 at 02:15 AM said:
In the PSP, MAME 0.107, C68k and CZ80 cores were used... But there are no source code for the PSP CPS-1/CPS-2 emulators.
thats a violation of its license

Back