Higher End Mame Emulation

CAZMIESTER

Hi is there any chance some people could post some videos here of MAME emulation to see how far the pandora can go compared to other handhelds.We all know cps1 2 and neogeo has been covered very well so not these games some higher specs like dual 68000 or 68ec020 sh2 ie kaneco supernova hardware im pretty sure quite a few people will be buying a pandora for this task!!!cheers caz :rolleyes: :lol: :pandora2ut4:

yeah, I'm really interested in seeing if the Taito F3 games run well. Got an itch to scratch with Elevator Action Returns.

SirlisterOfSmeg said:
yeah, I'm really interested in seeing if the Taito F3 games run well. Got an itch to scratch with Elevator Action Returns.
My thought exactly m8 psikyo sh2 space bomber dragon blaze taito f3 darius gaiden rayforce(my fav game ever) polygamemaster oriental legends knights of valor namco system 2 ordyne assault check out these dual anologue nubs
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a video of Elevator Action Returns.

Comments in the description.

Dragon Blaze loads but after the screen, where you have to press left and right, it crashes.

Darius Gaiden Silver Hawk doesn't load up.

DoDonpachi and Donpachi work really well at 500 mhz!

Ordyne is a too slow with 500 mhz but runs great at 1 GHZ:

Thanks for the vid. Now if there was only something that could be done about the sound. Patience. That's what it will take.

The Tests I did were with the old one. They don't really count for the new optimized one.

mcobit said:
The Tests I did were with the old one. They don't really count for the new optimized one.
cheers m8 my optimism grows stronger by the day hopefully ill have a pandora by christmas

mcobit said:
Here is a video of Elevator Action Returns.

Comments in the description.

Dragon Blaze loads but after the screen, where you have to press left and right, it crashes.

Darius Gaiden Silver Hawk doesn't load up.

DoDonpachi and Donpachi work really well at 500 mhz!

Ordyne is a too slow with 500 mhz but runs great at 1 GHZ:

thank you m8 good too see someone getting the idea of this forum any chance you could try rayforce and armed police batrider your input is very much appreciated hopefully ill have my panda by chrimbo.

I just want to stop this before it ends up in an off-topic fight or somesuch thing, if I may. :p

Whilst I don't think that the post particularly contributed to the thread, I don't think Alerino was intending to come off sounding unreasonable, there - not everyone is a native English speaker, after all, and sometimes what may be easy to read for one person may not be for others.

Also, while I'm in here, would you like me to merge your above three posts together? (Whilst I don't mind leaving them, the "Edit" button is included for all users so that extra thoughts can be added into a single post. I'm just asking in case you'd like them merged.)

So, what do you all think the best version to run of MAME is?
I mean, which version has the best trade-off between speed and compatibility for our purposes?

Personally, I'm using both MAME 0.106 and MAME4All (which, really, is all we've got :lol: ). MAME4All is quick and runs beautifully, but it doesn't support a few of the games I own (in particular, there is no CPS2 support), so I think they both serve a useful purpose.

fearofshorts said:
So, what do you all think the best version to run of MAME is?
I mean, which version has the best trade-off between speed and compatibility for our purposes?

In the Desktop PC World MAME 106 was the last version before major changes were made that affected speed.

The Pandora port of MAME 106 actually runs quite well.

Back