Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who'd thought in the "information age" it'd be nigh on impossible to get any...
Duckduckgo delivers... maybe it's not realtime (since it's basically processed bing data)?

Yes, meanwhile Spain (7), France (11), the UK (14), Italy (20) and Germany (22) are already in the top 30 if you sort by cases, If you sort by deaths it comes out as UK (5), Italy (6), France (8), Spain (9), Belgium (18), Germany (19), the Netherlands (25), Sweden (27), Romania (29) in the top 30.
Did you compare by absolute or by relative numbers?

Even if he has a very mild case (which seems unlikely given his age and general stature), he still won't be able to go campaigning like he has been doing while he has to quarantine. I don't know what effect that will have on voters, but he certainly thinks they're worthwhile.

I wonder why they still use these OLD Presidents, i mean they might have more knowledge and lots more experience points, so they might be better for this job, but they got these Diseases you have when go gets old, ..
Same whit the Pope: if i would now make a Priests Seminar, and go to Rom, i cant be elected, although lots of Pope Tasks would be a lot more easy if this guy would be 36 instead of a pair of 80thes, ^^

The Canceler of Austria, Kurz is also in his 30thes..

I know you cant be President right after shool, but who wants such a old man as mightyes man of the world ??

I know you cant be President right after shool, but who wants such a old man as mightyes man of the world

It could be argued that having life experience counts for more than physical prowess or qualifications. Isn't Biden older than Trump btw?

I'm sure Trump will be fine. In any case he's been making arguments that he won't trust the election results if it's anything other that a firm victory for himself.

Well, my President dos luckly only represantive Tasks ^^
Yes Biden is Older, ok, but maybe everything is better than Trump..

I would not want to have this Job, as its unthankfull and if you make the wrong decision, your srewed ^^

Beautiful, but certainly naive. :p

In order to access to those positions you need support.

This is how things usually work:
->X wants to become a president, so X enlists to a political party.
->After a certain number of years in such party, X has acquired enough support to become head of the party and it promotes his candidature for the presidency.
->X becomes president. (provided he chose the right party...)

Needed years to acquire enough support are usually less if X comes from a family with great influence or has strong support from a powerful lobby, the people or any other interested party, which usually also takes time. And obviously this person would have needed to work in order to eat, so even more time yet.

So why are Presidents usually old?
->Because he got in the party 20-30 years ago and needed that time to gather enough support. -> Typical politician/Pope...
->Because he got in the party 1-5 years ago and needed the rest of the time to become a successful businessman/actor/whatever (so he has support from certain lobbies). -> Trump/Schwarzenegger...

If the President was to be the fittest for the job (physical prowess or qualifications wise) he would have reached his position by mean of public examination. It could also be argued that the fittest for the job is the one with the greatest support obviously.

My 2 cents.

Yes, its quite naive, i know, ..

But why do this work whit Kim Jong Un? I mean he is the same 36 Yeahrs old as i, but he is allready the Leader of North Korea, something i would not get, even if i gets twice that old ..

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Ok, then whe should give Pence also a Corona ?

As its not my President, i dintnt follow the other candidates, i know that Trump dit a lot of not that good things, and got a quite big mouth, etc, but what is whit the other candidates? Biden is Old, but he stands for the Democrats, which should be good in a Democracy,
I know that the Repuplican are for Fire Arms (Second Amendmend), against refugees, Mexicans, and quite konservativ,
I can remember that the Health Care in the US is quite a Mess in comparassion to our German System,
In Germany, if your poor, but needs a Health Service, you dont have to sell your soul, your first born child, and a lever to pay for the Doctor, as whe have some sort of a "Social Ensurance".. , a System Canceler Bismark made over a 100 Years ago if i remember correctly..

Yes, its quite naive, i know, ..

But why do this work whit Kim Jong Un? I mean he is the same 36 Yeahrs old as i, but he is allready the Leader of North Korea, something i would not get, even if i gets twice that old ..

I don't follow Corea, but I think Kim Jong Un is the son of the former leader (son of Kim Jong-il, grandson of Kinm Il-sung)? Monarchy gets reinvented every so often, although it keeps deterministically failing.
Must be somehow hardwired or something. Once people get power they give it to children when they die.
That's partwise (ok, small part) understandable, what's not to grok it's the rest of people accepting it. Except they don't. They're just powerless (partly factually, partly brainwashedly).

Reactions: rSl
I don't follow Corea, but I think Kim Jong Un is the son of the former leader (son of Kim Jong-il, grandson of Kinm Il-sung)? Monarchy gets reinvented every so often, although it keeps deterministically failing.
Must be somehow hardwired or something. Once people get power they give it to children when they die.
That's partwise (ok, small part) understandable, what's not to grok it's the rest of people accepting it.
Except we didn't. We've tirelessly worked over the centuries to ensure the crown can't effectively do anything political.

In terms of the ages of the heirs, it seems fairly straightforward to me, at least in the UK. Liz and Phil got to producing babies when they were young and married, and out pops Charlie. Now that royalty don't have to fight our wars for us, they can live to a ripe old age, such that Charlie boy is now in his 70s paitiently waiting for the old bat to die. I'm not sure what happened in Sweden, apparently their king is Carl who is of indeterminate age, but looks well past retirement age to me (if only that applied to monarchs), while his heir is Victoria who's in her early 40s. Perhaps he was always just a playboy who turned into a randy older man, and didn't settle into the marriage thing until he was well past his prime.

At least Liz can drive a Truck, which is quite cool ^^ She learned this in WWII
In my next live i think i will be King of UK, because they dont need a Drivers License ^^
On the other Hand i heard they dont have good food, but therefore you are much near to Retrosix ^^

Except we didn't. We've tirelessly worked over the centuries to ensure the crown can't effectively do anything political.

In terms of the ages of the heirs, it seems fairly straightforward to me, at least in the UK. Liz and Phil got to producing babies when they were young and married, and out pops Charlie. Now that royalty don't have to fight our wars for us, they can live to a ripe old age, such that Charlie boy is now in his 70s paitiently waiting for the old bat to die. I'm not sure what happened in Sweden, apparently their king is Carl who is of indeterminate age, but looks well past retirement age to me (if only that applied to monarchs), while his heir is Victoria who's in her early 40s. Perhaps he was always just a playboy who turned into a randy older man, and didn't settle into the marriage thing until he was well past his prime.

Or wait for the old bat to develop some liking for elephant hunting and 'other' 'things'... :D

Good news: Biden tested negative for COVID-19 today.
Chaser: You can test negative for COVID-19 for several days after contracting it.

The media says Trump is in two high-risk groups for developing severe symptoms. FiveThirtyEight reminded people though that even the majority of old, fat people don't die from COVID-19, so the most likely outcome of this is basically nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back