Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know that EVERYTHING a human does is as natural as anthrax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthrax)? As natural as the uranium that powers the earths core and keeps the entire planet warm and all of our continents swimming around on liquid rock? As natural as the permanent nuclear fusion bomb around which our planet spins? As natural as the thousands of black holes spinning not only in the center of our galaxy but traveling in between all the rings of our galaxy waiting to just suck up our entire solar system?
So then both city humans and city pigeons are natural. That's fine too, because that also supports my point. I do not care about how natural city humans and city pigeons are; as long as city pigeons and city humans are equally natural my point stands. My point was that killing city pigeons for not being natural while being a city boy is hypocritical.

The universe does not care. The universe is not beautiful. We are but an instantion of the universe looking in on it sellf, billions of eyes running around saying shit like "Just like city humans. In fact, humans are the ones who destroyed nature to build the city in the first place and who prevent nature from taking back the city. So if you want to hate an entire species for disconnecting from nature hate humans." all the while we are just fish in a cosmic fishtank waiting to wiped out.

Please, get a clue.
If you think that way, then why even bother replying? The universe does not care about your opinion and neither does the universe care about whether or not I "get a clue". The universe just is whether I get a clue or not, right?

But I'm looking at the parts of the universe that do care. Some pigeons may be idiots, but they still care about living. And I care about pigeons.
Post automatically merged:

I never told I hate pigeons... also, I don't know why I'll have to hate an entire species for something that happens where I live... seems to me you are overreacting.
Maybe I am. But it's still harsh to kill the pigeons for being idiots.

Oh hey, sorry about the original post! I shouldn't do late night posts. I REALLY did not check the whole thread and completely misunderstood what you were talking about.

I am in a kind of angry place right now with everyone in the west letting them selves be controlled by interest groups that want them dead. I kind of interpreted your post as an environmentalist position on the level of Greta Thunberg and I couldn't help my self.

You aren't the idiot. I am the idiot.

Sorry about that.

Last edited:
I liked that bit of your post that Lamdba copied. I think I agree with it.

To me, it seems pretty obvious discussing it that the idea of something being 'natural' is a human construct, and not anything that seems sensible if you look at it from outside. Animal behaviour can be natural (only influenced by other natural things), or unnatural if it's influenced by man. Man herself can't be part of that system because by that definition man is unnatural to begin with, which is hardly fair. As a word it's only designed to define animals (of which we are not a part) behaviour.

Did anyone attend the protests against restrictions in Germany?

IMG-20200802-094506.jpg

IMG-20200802-094450.jpg

Last edited:
Not German, located in Cowardly Canada. I just wanted to shout my support for Germans.

What a great showing.

Besides the fact that the numbers may have just been made up, That infographic is oversimplifying things making it pretty uninformative.
- Are they inside or outside?
- Is there good ventilation?
- Are the distances to scale?
- Are the sneezing, couching, talking, kissing(if the distances are not to scale)?
- How long do they need to stand like that for these percentages?

Though I guess as a joke it's pretty funny. Of course, anything becomes funny once RMS's famous interject quote is added to it.

On another note, the COVID-19 measures do damage too. Too bad that they give no coverage to all the people who committed suicide because of the COVID-19 measures (my father sees them often jumping from bridges due to his work), countries like Thailand where many people are now starving thanks to COVID-19 measures, or other sad things like people spending their last moments alone because they're not allowed to see their family (while caretakers freely walk in and out putting those people at COVID-19 risk anyway). I think that many people would have vastly different opinions on COVID-19 measures if they did.

If you control the news, then you control what people think and the mainstream news is controlled by the same people who decide on COVID-19 policies, so of course the MSM is just propaganda to gather support for their decisions. It's hard to get a balanced view among all the propaganda. It definitely requires more work than just watching the news.

Obviously there are going to be downsides to lockdown/social barrier measures - such as those you describe - and there are absolutely better ways about which various govts. should have gone dealing with it all but that doesn’t mean that we should encourage people to discard them and lead to situations where the healthcare system can’t cope. It’s an aerosolised pandemic for goodness’ sake.
A lot of this anti-lockdown sentiment is being stirred up by political groups who have vested interests, particularly far right wing it would seem, and who seek to make you think more about yourself than about the wider community.

Last edited:
Just so that it is said, on behalf of my self ONLY, I am perfectly happy to hear everyones thoughts on this topic and leave them at that.

I like this project and everyone on this board too much to even potentially poison any discussions on any level, so I won't really argue any particular point. I am just happy to hear your guys thoughts on the complicated nature of this topic.

This project and the forums have been the most healthy of any project that I have ever been part of. It feels like I am in an office fully of high level professionals that have enough life experience to not let things get too serious.

Did anyone attend the protests against restrictions in Germany?

IMG-20200802-094506.jpg

IMG-20200802-094450.jpg
I live in Berlin, but I don't follow the news. So no, I wasn't there. Is it about standing restrictions or are there harsher ones planned?
Also, one transparent there says "Please, please, do not vaccinate them! Do not inject them with that toxin/venom/poison" (never know in which contexts, which of these is the correct translation for "das Gift"). What vaccine are they talking about and who's "them"/who's gonna get it?

I searched a bit for what was this German protest, and I can't find out... all the articles I found just speaks about "people protesting against restrictions and vaccines" but no one explains what are exactly those restrictions...

In any case, people that groups together in these times, without masks and distancing, can't be taken serious... they have totally no respect for the people around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back