Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be fair, there is a treatment, and it's known as the human immune system. Some people get over it with rest and decent hydaration, some get an infection on their lungs, and need to be put on ventilators at the hospital, and the worse are those that get severe infection of the lungs or the heart, but some countries have machines that can take that over for us. It's going to be a struggle to get everyone who needs those machines on them in our hospitals so not all of us who are suffering with this badly enough to need to be hospitalised will get access to those even if they would save our lives, I suppose.

As far as I've heard, US shale oil is practically bankrupt anyway, since everyone's really cutting down because of the drop in oil prices meaning it's uncompetitive at the moment. And that was before this whole pandemic situation happened.

There is a lot of talk about vents, but people put on them typically die. Those that don't, don't wake up and die when the vent is turned off.
Post automatically merged:

^ffs, is their definition of a hero reserved for dead soldiers?

Former military here. Wife is current military. We both think he did the right thing.

In fact it is already mutating, and still no one knows how can a person already healed react to those new forms.

Yeah, we know that much. We don't know if any of those mutations affect the surface proteins they our immune cells detect, and given they're only a handful of proteins out of a genome that's many proteins long, I might hazard a bet that none of those differences in reported genomes actually affect the surface proteins, but in any case, I'm not planning on travelling abroad any time soon where I might come into contact with a different genome virus.

I'm from Poland and I mentioned a epidemic in Wroclaw.
So the general events were (this is both from "official" documentation which shows a bit flattened story and stories from my friends who lived there with families):
1. Late May: Patient zero returns from abroad.
2. May-June: He is diagnosed and cured for malaria in hospital.
3. Mid-June: Leaves hospital "cured from malaria".
4. Early July: First events of "chickenpox" in adults. Now the chickenpox - these times it was something not abnormal especially in children and complications were considered not very hard.
5. Mid-July: The final conclusion that this is a smallpox and city lockdown (around 15th) while first quarantine plants have been deployed a day later in hotels, campuses and school dormitories, as well as a specific quarantine plant for drunk patients (it has been quickly found that too much of "internal disinfecting" was the biggest problem in plants). The supplies have been received a few days later. No way to enter or leave the city without a health booklet and through disinfection. Planes have been grounded, although for some time it was possible to reserve tickets. According to people who lived there, there was an order to disinfect everything coming in and out, as well as inside the city, to degree that offices and shops wrapped doorknobs, pens, chairs and phones with clothes soaked in disinfectant. Railway workers modified the carriage cleaning machines to work in disinfection, and then cargo trains could go. A few days later when it has been identified, the air transportation (a few local planes) has been restored with additional requirements for boarding (health booklet + disinfection). The panic hit the top when the tram motorman fell sick, half of people started to isolate themselves at homes, the other half wanted to get a vaccine as fast as possible. And the sh..t hit the fan when people with smallpox have been misdirected by doctors to sanitary services quarters. After vaccinating medical personnel, it was found that supplies are too small for anything useful.
6. Few days later, the first part of vaccines (I found a source that it was 10000) has been imported as existing supply has been totally used for medical personnel and a start of vaccination campaign. With growing requirements, labs increased production of smallpox vaccines (in fact it was mass produced later as since the event it was in standard vaccinations set at least until 1980s - no idea was it there later) and the action from "vaccinate the most risky people" has changed to "just vaccinate everyone". From this day, a complete vaccination campaign has started. Additional quarantine places have been made in military dormitories.
7. Mid-August: Amount of new cases goes down, reaching zero at the end of month.
8. September: Dismantling quarantine plants.

Last edited:
Thanks PCXT.
I guess the containment plan was lost...

Netherlands and Sweden may explode any deaths world record because of their no-lockdown "strategy":

Netherlands and Sweden may explode any deaths world record because of their no-lockdown "strategy":

They have this joke in Sweden (or at least my Swedish friends have it) that they didn't want to implement the same constraints as other countries because "being 1m away from each other is too close for comfort, we'll stick to our usual 2m".

Nordic cultures tend to have larger interpersonal distance than other cultures (especially latin cultures).
Many people have told me that in Finland when all the window seats are taken in a bus and the only seats left are next to someone else, they'll wait for the next bus. I'm not even sure they were joking.

Ok, thanks. So the joke is funny :^)

The virus may provoke some skin diseases:

There's more chlorine in tap water:

--ADDED:
The navy spokesperson explains why he was scared during his speech:

Same hydroxychloroquine FUD everywhere, is this an Endemol scenario or what ?

Last edited:

I contacted the only possible donors I know to tell them the news in order to get them ready just in case.
I humbly suggest you to do the same, it can be a game changer, and saving lives is a matter of hours when patients are piling up everywhere.

Is it me or your avatar wears a mask ?
What good eyes you have! Indeed, it wears a mask! Better save than sorry! What if the corona virus mutates and starts infecting computers? What if my avatar infects others? We have a lot of old geezers here in this forum! ;)
saintseiya_mask.jpg

:^)
Is it me or your avatar wears a mask ?

--ADDED:
Hope !

It must be nice to help someone if you recovered, as the only known cure is made by yourself.

What good eyes you have! Indeed, it wears a mask! Better save than sorry! What if the corona virus mutates and starts infecting computers? What if my avatar infects others? We have a lot of old geezers here in this forum! ;)
How thoughtful of you :)

Germany is only 12 Days away from the Deathline 04.20 , then they want to check if the Shutdowns dit work against Corona, and hopefully allow to open some of the smaller Shops again.., acording to his Facebook Page, my Bike Dealer is still alive, but it was still pretty though for them..

Our Business wasnt harmt from the Shutdown as Bees are important enough ^^, but whe also have to take care about the Distance Order etc..

As Individual Sport was still alowed i dit my Bike Tours on Sundays as well, but i try to make they on a pretty Early Daytime so not that much Pedestrians are on the Ways..

I hope the bees also wear little masks :^)
Be careful not to fall.

There's still pollution fog in Paris, this is crazy, it doesn't go away like that :^(

Smartass of the day:
I have a cousin who went in the woods to cut some with a chainsaw, which is a brilliant idea. Of course he managed to hurt his leg badly.
He can't even be sutured as the wound is too widely open...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law

For French readers, informative:

Some French national food health agency recommendations about handling food:

The fog is not necessarily pollution fog, it can just be water, pollen or other "natural stuff".
But from what I've read it looks like even if car-based pollution and CO2 emissions dropped a lot, some pollution sources (especially from stuff sprayed on the fields and wood-based home heating) are still there and explain why pollution has not completely dropped.

Well, it's the typical grey fog I've seen growing thicker year after year, and which is even more opaque when there's huge peaks of car pollution.
It's also reported here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back