Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
For better or worse, the US approach of banning flights from Iran is probably the most effective course of action.
Actually, due to the international ban enforced by the USA, getting supplies into Iran has been made very difficult. Lifting the trade ban to allow supplies would help. Also stealing less of their oild would help.
Post automatically merged:

If that need arises, it should be a moral possibility to execute even without consent.
I JUST CANT WAIT TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS:

(Chinese Swat exercise)

Last edited:
Here is a link with more Financial repercussions for China: https://www.zerohedge.com/economics...inancial-armageddon-85-businesses-set-run-out
I think we are slowly entering the great depression of 2021...

Only 20% work in state enterprises. The state has enough money. But the rest works in small businesses, and after staying a month inside, out of financial reserves (cant' work from home if you clean windows or sell produce at the market, can you?).
Now if you ask the government what such a person should do, you get two extremes:
china1.jpg

Last edited:
And I'm just saying, high density application of a certain vaccine might one day be necessary - even necessarier than a functioning government.
So because I think that it's unreasonable to demand a service for free, I should also think that it's unreasonable to demand autonomy over my own body? If I were to demand a service for free then I would be infringing upon the right to freedom of whoever I demanded that service from. So both demanding that people have autonomy of their own bodies and being willing to pay for services to entice someone to offer those services out of his free will stem from respecting the human right to freedom.

Anyway, what if cummunism would be necessary to save the economy? Or what if surveillance state would be necessary for terrorists? Would you approve of those as well? Or should government only be able to touch our bodies without our consent but not our economy or privacy?

So because I think that it's unreasonable to demand a service for free, I should also think that it's unreasonable to demand autonomy over my own body? If I were to demand a service for free then I would be infringing upon the right to freedom of whoever I demanded that service from. So both demanding that people have autonomy of their own bodies and being willing to pay for services to entice someone to offer those services out of his free will stem from respecting the human right to freedom.
So in your country when you use a government services, you get invoiced for what you used?

And yeah, I'd prefer a just and democratic communism to neofeudalism-enabling capitalism any day. (You do see, that the former would actually see to the voters' good education, while the latter rather likes the masses to be easier to manipulate?)

I don't trust The WHO.
They always lie to us.

Basically, to please investors, they have to hold off the boat until Juli 2020 instead of declaring pandemic and using the money to help countries.

In the Netherlands we have 8, I think
mostly with mild symptoms, but still contagious.

Actually the number of confirmed cases in Sweden is a contended number; most sources report only 14 cases as of right now so I do wonder who the last 2 would be. We have started sending people to home quarantines to free up capacity at the hospitals in Göteborg and I would expect Stockholm to follow suit fairly soon.

Someone linked me this handy map as well: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1a04iBi41DznkMaQRnICO40ktROfnMfMx&ll=33.47837113685988,10.1953125&z=2 . Seems like Ingolstadt is relatively safe so at least ED shouldn't have to worry too much right now. I don't know how many people travel through Ingolstadt to get between Nuremberg and Munich though, looks like it could be a large highway btuit's hard to tell these things from a map alone.

Actually, due to the international ban enforced by the USA, getting supplies into Iran has been made very difficult. Lifting the trade ban to allow supplies would help. Also stealing less of their oild would help.

I thought the ban was for flights coming in from Iran, not going out to Iran? Nevertheless, I think we rely too much on US production of supplies. Most countries in the EU are already working on formulating their own stuff against COVID-19, I can't imagine it taking too long before we have independent production of at least testing kits in multiple EU locations. An enormous amount of money is being put forward to solving this.
Post automatically merged:

As for the discussion on mandatory vaccines, I think that would be a moot point once it starts appearing. People will want to get it either way so, unless you produce enough to supply the whole country all at once, you will have time to decide what you want to do with it.

Basically I doubt governments will have to make them mandatory at all. Heard immunity will protect the few who can't or refuse to take it.

Edit: Having "either" become "wither" without me noticing was one weird typo. I think I need more sleep.

Last edited:
No, We pay taxes. Just because it's a subscription-like system does not mean we do not pay for the services though.
Like a subscription not waiting for anyone to opt-in and giving no one an opt-out and costing a lot of people half their income? At least they use that money only for things, that all tax payers agree upon.

Like a subscription not waiting for anyone to opt-in and giving no one an opt-out and costing a lot of people half their income? At least they use that money only for things, that all tax payers agree upon.
I never said that I agreed with everything my government does. In fact there are many things I disagree with.

Basically, to please investors, they have to hold off the boat until Juli 2020 instead of declaring pandemic and using the money to help countries.
It's not about anyone declaring pandemic, and the article states that. It's mainly about the death caused by cross border infections as I read it. Doesn't matter if the WHO do or don't say the 8-letter word or not.

That's your concern? Way too late. Didn't even need mandatory vaccination.

Big companies have a lot of power. And they're polluting your food and water and the air you breathe, which I suppose is also putting things in your body without your consent.

Anyway, what if cummunism would be necessary to save the economy?
I'm not sure what cummunism is, but I'm not sure I want to search that.

On a more serious note, the discussion about vaccination is the same as any discussion about the limits to individual rights. As the saying goes your rights end where the rights of someone else begin. And as usual, it's more complicated than that and it's all about a trade-off. I think that an injection of something that has proven to work, has never been proven (even if many people tried) to be detrimental except in some edge cases (that are generally handled by law) is acceptable when it avoids hundred of thousands of deaths every year.

Big companies have a lot of power. And they're polluting your food and water and the air you breathe, which I suppose is also putting things in your body without your consent.
Big companies are most government's biggest friends nowadays. Just look at how the American government for example and how it spent money to assist dairy farmers at the cost of the health of people and often children in particular or how they keep going against what copyright supposedly stands for to keep keep extending it solely on Disney's behalf. A cartoon mouse is the reason that copyright —which was meant to promote creativity, science, and culture— is now hindering creativity, science, and culture. It's hard to get more stupid than that. Of course that's hardly even the tip of the ice berg. In fact America is nowadays founded on corruption to the extent that it literally needs corruption to keep running. If the corruption suddenly stopped then that would shake up America and it's economy so badly that the people would be rioting on the streets. Luckily (I guess) they seem to be pretty good at keeping up the charade and distracting people with bread and circus.

I think that an injection of something that has proven to work, has never been proven (even if many people tried) to be detrimental except in some edge cases (that are generally handled by law) is acceptable when it avoids hundred of thousands of deaths every year.
If you need cops to break into people's homes and forcefully drag people out of their homes to give them the vaccination then obviously you did a poor job with proving that the vaccination is important.

(that are generally handled by law)
Supposedly in many cases the law handles it by making vaccine manufacturers not liable for any adverse effects that the vaccine may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back