Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot, the first time I used my thermometer, when I received it earlier this year, I measured 98.6 degrees. Since then, it's given me nothing but 97s, with maybe one 96 mixed in. Just now though, since I've been feeling tired today, I tried it, and it went back up to 98.3 degrees. Not a fever, but the tired thing in combination with a higher than normal temperature has me worried a bit.

I should mention, when I went over to my parents' house for Christmas day, one of my stepmother's grandchildren's friends came inside without a mask on to drop off some gifts. Scared me a little, and reminded me that those grandchildren are probably even less cautious than I am when it comes to COVID-19.

Meh, check it tomorrow when you're more rested. I don't recall ever having taken my temperature when I'm exhausted, so I couldn't tell you what that does to my core temperature, so the best I can advise is to test again when whatever it is has worn off.

Yes, that's why they're doing studies to find it out as far as I've heard.

I mean meta analysis has been done on other coronavirus immunity studies and 6ish months was about the conferred immunity for those.
Post automatically merged:

None of this makes sense because it is all utter bullshit at this point in time.

I mean the US is having 9/11 level deaths every single day and in some places there ARE bodies piling up.

Last edited:
these people HAVE NO CLUE that we are sitting on a powder keg
Of course they do, all scenarios have been taken into account. Your country has high ranked military that years ago said that the war is now urban (alluding to Afghanistan at that time), and soldiers have been training years for that. And concentration camps, lots and lots of empty concentration camps (be it FEMA camps or empty stadiums and schools).

Back on Covid-19 topic. Have you noticed South America? It's summer there.
Argentina government is so corrupt the country is broke (despite having resources like premium steak, oil, etc). In this vulnerable position, they started to vaccinate (mandatory) with Sputnik (the Russian vaccine).
The neighboring country, Chili, also is vaccinating, but with Moderna, and Pfizer.
And you already heard of Brazil that started early.

Testing grounds for 1st world countries.

While Philippines stopped vaccinating after the dozen deaths from South Korea (but those kept vaccinating).

Q: Should we keep Bolivia isolated?

I should mention, when I went over to my parents' house for Christmas day, one of my stepmother's grandchildren's friends came inside without a mask on to drop off some gifts. Scared me a little, and reminded me that those grandchildren are probably even less cautious than I am when it comes to COVID-19.
hmm... I always ask what the houserules are, simple case of politeness (like: taking off shoes or not, wearing mask or not, contact like fistbump or hug or not, if its allowed to smoke inside or not).*
Remember to open up windows and refresh all the air inside in case of doubt. Then again, there are very few that are asymtomatic superspreaders, so you have a high chance of being save.

*) in that politeness, you also do invisible sensing stuff: each household has a different conversation volume, interpersonal bufferspace (comfortable distance for conversation, which also depends on the number of people participating), conversation tone (quiet, enthousiastic), gesticulation mirroring (people that talk with hands while talking like you to talk with hands too), etc.

Last edited:
Mmm I don't see reliable articles indicating that Argentina rules vaccination as mandatory, but indeed they start with Sputnik so they may get high :^)

FBNil, you post some really interesting tangents I have never heard about before. I appreciate that, I will do a bit of digging on those threads.

I don't know of any side effects of Sputnik V. In fact I know almost nothing about it. I don't think Putin's daughter died, it's too crazy. Not that I have any proof either way. I only found Katerina Tikhonova leads an AI institute.[Edit: wait she leads an AI institute has a master on physiscs and math, (high school, institute ?) major on Asian Studies, specialized in Japan, divorced from a banker and she's a rock acrobatic dancer... no less, I want she to live ]
It seems the UK has today approved Oxford/Astrazeneca (cheaper, doesn't require freezers, Astrazeneca says they seek no profit on it).
Does anyone have more info on it ?
- I heard they were going to collaborate somehow between Oxford and Sputnik. Is the resulting mix what is approved, or the original ?
- Did they approve 1/2 dose + 1 dose then ?
- I think I remember Oxford did some limited trial on contagion, fro a smaller group of volunteers. Does anyone have some report about it ?

Last edited:
I don't see reliable articles indicating that Argentina rules vaccination as mandatory,

As I read it (from Clarin, an Argentinian newspaper): Not yet (they only received 300,000 doses of Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine, so for now, barely enough for the high risk groups), but Lisandro Bonelli, chief Health department confirmed that the vaccine will be mandatory. Not only because it saveguards the life of individuals, but also the society as a whole. An unvaccinated person is a risk to the rest of the society.

También habló del tema Lisandro Bonelli, el jefe de Gabinete del Ministerio de Salud, quien ratificó que la "vacuna será obligatoria": "No sólo porque cuida la vida individual de las personas, sino al conjunto de la sociedad; una persona que no se vacuna genera riesgo para el resto de la sociedad", destacó.

Note that Sputnik has been emergency-approved for use, but is not formerly approved yet.
What it has going for it is that in liquid form, it only needs to be kept at -20C and between 2C and 8C in its dry form.
The total order of Sputnik for Argentina is 10,000,000 (supposed price: 10 euro a piece, it would be 10.313.200.000,00 ARS which is quite steep for a broke country)

Do you have a link about this? Not really finding anything on it.
Hm... you are quite right. I can not find a link from a credible source either. All I can find is:

Philippines are really just knocking all doors (going for Sinovac and Novavax, produced by China and India) and they can get it in three months to half a year or so. Maybe because the rich countries secured their supply first.

“Thirty million dosages of the Indian-made Novavax vaccines are assured possibly with no cash advance. It will be available by July 2021,” Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin said in an interview with CNN Philippines.

Last edited:
Putins daughter died from one: https://www.ibtimes.sg/vladimir-put...e-covid-19-vaccine-sputnik-v-here-truth-50337

I don't know if its true, I can't find contra info.
Of course you know that is a fake news, because your purpose here is to spread fake news.

The Russian vaccine has safety issues?
Well you get very high with Sputnik :^) :

It seems the UK has today approved Oxford/Astrazeneca (cheaper, doesn't require freezers, Astrazeneca says they seek no profit on it).
I can't say anything about that, However that does seem to match up with the leaked price list posted earlier to this thread.

Does anyone have more info on it ?
- I heard they were going to collaborate somehow between Oxford and Sputnik. Is the resulting mix what is approved, or the original ?
This sounds like FUD to me. The Oxford/Astrazenica vaccine is made from a chimp virus while apparently the vaccine previously known as Sputnik V is made from isolated human cold viruses.
- Did they approve 1/2 dose + 1 dose then ?
That's the pfizer/bio-ntech vaccine I think. I haven't heard of such a mixup in this trial.
- I think I remember Oxford did some limited trial on contagion, fro a smaller group of volunteers. Does anyone have some report about it ?
Nothing listed in the report I linked above.

About Argentina, this is the government website but I think I totally lost my spanish X^D :

Well you get very high with Sputnik :^) :
Just don't be called Laica.
About Argentina, this is the government website but I think I totally lost my spanish X^D :
It's just a basic FAQ website for the mandatory vaccines you get as a baby (you know, mumps, rubiola, those). And that it's kept in your vaccination booklet and they help a bit with when the shots should be taken.
Nice to see that the wording is such that: "Recommended vaccination for risk groups is mandatory." And: If you do not vaccinate your child, it could lead to forced vaccination (no "but", as in other countries where you can appeal).

My governor had a COVID-19 press conference again today. All he did was extend the moratorium on evictions though, and announce that some changes to the order of vaccination were made in accordance with updated CDC guidelines.

Still not sure if I'm in Phase 1a, for long-term care, or Phase 2 Group 3, for all other group living settings that weren't previously vaccinated. Probably the latter.

But you guys had a full lockdown. Did that not get rid of the virus?

Denied on the chinese virus request. I appreciate the request, but there is nothing racist about it. You are part of the professional class, I reject your value system wholesale because your value system is classist.

EDIT: This post was edited 3 times, apologies.

EDIT #4: Just thinking about your request a little more, a proposal: I won't allow your value system to control my thoughts nor to put words in my mouth just as I would never accept anyone on our side (common class) to control your thoughts or put words in your mouth.

However, if you can make a good case for why it is racist, I will be happy change how I refer to the virus. I would be happy to offer you the deference to make your point if you like.

Last edited:
All he did was extend the moratorium on evictions though

So glad I don't have a renter in my house.

If they don't pay and you can't evict, you would also be responsible for paying all their utilities as its illegal to shut them off. Mom & Pop landlords (only one rental property and half the rental market) will be going bankrupt left and right.

Come March it will literally be a year since some renters have paid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back