Could the base of the Pyra be used with a smartphone?

f it used a 'dedicated microcontroller' then presumably that wouldn't know how to interface with the peripheral board, so a new CPU board and a new peripheral board would need to be designed.
Well a new CPU board. The same peripheral board could be used, that's kind of the point of the CPU/main board combo. Something like the STM32F411 would probably suffice, it has enough pins to handle everything... maybe only one SD slot unless there's an I2C SDIO module. I only mention it because I've used it before, it's easily come to mind and easy to use. There are absolutely cheaper MCUs that would be even better suited to the task.
For about $10 you could turn the bottom of the Pyra into a Bluetooth controller/battery pack. Just a question of how much that base part actually costs, minus the CPU board. Probably even that would cost way more than it would be worth, though.

I'd like this to happen, and if was around that [proposed] price tag, I'd definitely buy one too, for controlling a phone.

Agree should probably not include the words Pytroller or Pycon in the name though.
I prefer the name PyraPad myself

...or does that make some people think of MaxiPad, and other feminine things I don;t know very much about haha

Back