Could Someone Help Me With Epsxe

Stanger65

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
to whoever replies,

I am a college student and i am pretty sure that u cannot play downloaded playstation games unless u own the original copy...i do own the original copy of Final Fantasy VII but it is 5 hours away and is not very accessable to me right now because i wont be home till Christmas...so i downloaded it...if i am doing something illeagle let me know so i can correct myself...but i have downloaded it and it is in a MDF and MDS format...ePSXe doesnt recognise that format and i have tried converting it to an ISO but it doesnt seem to work...i havent used ePSXe before so i may be doing something wrong that is an easy problem to fix...could someone give me a hand?

thanks

mdf is a Alcohol 120% CD Image File
u must mount it with the alcohol software.

and also if u dont own the original game, that is illegal yes.
but if u do own the original game u are allowed to make an backup, or have an backup.

I would suggest reading the readme file that came with epsxe, if not google it and if you did all of this you would find out that you needed a playstion bios, the plugin forISO file
and the file would most likely have to be a bin cue file.

well, technicly, its illegal
but who cares
yes you own the game, but you dl'd a pirated version, not make a copy off of your game disks
but I wont tell lol
anyways, ya, try using alchol, or dl a new version, I mean don't dl a new one.....

~Octavious

Well thank you very much to everyone who replied...yes i do own the original copy (from before it was a greatest hit too :) ) but i have no access to it so i d/l it...i will try the alcohol 120% and see what happens...i will also make sure i have the right plugins and BIOS's

Thanks Again!!!

I have daemon tools but i can't get it to work...i read about it in a forum before...i still can't figure this out...could someone please be a little more specific? :(

OK i have figured it out...the reason ePSXe wasnt working is because i have windows XP...if u have windows XP u need something called an ASPI layer...Windows NT, 2000 and XP do not have the layer and need it to run ePSXe apparently...what i did was install it and converted the MDF file to an ISO using MagicISO and then i used Daemon Tools to creat a fake cd-drive and played it like that...........the music is still pretty crackly and the graphics seem like they're running too fast still...any suggestions on how to correct that?...............................
other than that it works good...thanks for your help and if anyone wants to know a link for the ASPI Layer just ask

Back