Could someone build me a kernel module?

Edglex

Now I got my EXT connectors I want to hook up my stowaway keyboard. The especially useful to me because my USB doesn't work, so the only options I have for keyboards are serial or bluetooth!

I'm not set up for kernel building at the moment though, and don't have a lot of time, so I was wondering if someone who already has everything set up could build the stowaway module for me?

Thanks in advance!

I am not capable of compiling a module for you, (well I could try with some detailed instructions) but if you have a computer that you can connect the Pandora to (through Wlan- or USB-Networking) then you could use Synergy for controlling your Pandora. It's available as PND.

Edit: Erm sorry. Oversaw that your USB does not work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't gotten my kernel module to work yet. Haven't figured out how to stop the kernel from rejecting the module. An "expert" who can give a set of working step by step instructions would be nice.

I could probably compile it, but do you know how to use it? How to specify the UART it should use, for example?

I assume you want to use UART3 on the ext connector? Do you know it's 1.8V only and needs level shifting?

I could probably compile it, but do you know how to use it? How to specify the UART it should use, for example?

I assume you want to use UART3 on the ext connector? Do you know it's 1.8V only and needs level shifting?

If you could that would be awesome!

Unfortunately I have a paper deadline in 4 weeks I'm aiming for, and I haven't finished the implementation yet. I used to have this dream all the time when I was working a 9-5... and I never really thought I'd be so close to living through it again, but here I am!

So anyways, basically I don't have the indefinite amount of time required to convince my toolchain to compile the kernel, but since soldering doesn't take me an indefinite amount of time, and I have some LTC2804s ready and waiting for the level conversion, I can probably get that done in my spare minutes. It's purely for my spare time hackery (as with all my pandora stuff) anyway, so no worries if it's a pain. When the paper's done I'll build the module myself if necessary.

I honestly haven't really looked into getting it going once it's built yet. But, given the driver's serio based, I presume getting it going is something like;

1. check there's no getty running on ttyWHATEVER and if so comment the line in inittab (check nothing else is using the serial port too)

2. insert stowaway and serport modules

3. run inputattach -stowaway /dev/ttyWHATEVER

4. start typing

I guess I'd also need the serport module, if it isn't built already.

Did I pass the test? :rolleyes: B)

Back