Cannot build ch9x00_usb kernel module

doragasu

I gave the CDevTools package a chance to build ch9x00_usb module (for a cheap chinese USB to Ethernet adapter). On my Arch box it is just a matter of calling make and waiting a pair of seconds, but I suppose CDevTools does not install the kernel sources (or any other thing needed) so I get a "/lib/modules/3.2.67/build: No such file or directory" error.

Any advice building it?

In case anyone wants to give it a try, I have attached the driver sources.

View attachment ch9x00_usb-0.0.1.tar.gz

FWIW, on my Arch box, /etc/modules/*/build only contains one file; vmlinux.  Despite the name, it doesn't appear to be a kernel (judging by its strings output).

Also, have to tried using CodeBlocks?  AIUI that has a more complete dev environment than CDevTools ever had, and might have what you need.

Tested. Unfortunately, it doesn't work (or at least I don't know how to load it).

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux doragasu-pandora 3.2.69 #1123 Sun Jul 19 00:32:37 EEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
$ sudo insmod ch9x00.ko
insmod: error inserting 'ch9x00.ko': -1 Invalid module format
$ file ch9x00.ko
ch9x00.ko: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
$ md5sum ch9x00.ko 
afcd85097316a4dbaf138c36d26e744f  ch9x00.ko
Am I doing anything wrong?

Ok I had changed my kernel .config and forgot about it, try to redownload. Also the module seems to depend on usbnet, so "modprobe usbnet" before insmoding ch9x00.

It's working great now, thanks!

Will it be included on next SZ release?

Hi notaz, please could you build the hid-topseed kernel module? (For a USB IR receiver.)

Thanks! It now works the same as on the desktop. (What did I say that required guessing?)

I'm sure I didn't edit that. Anyway, good to know I'm not missing something obvious there.

Back