Could Pandora Play Flv Files ?

flammablepiss

Website
Visit site
I really want to be able to watch movies without converting them and if Pandora could play FLV Files It would be a 100% perfect console for me.
If It can not play FLV's would someone consider making an app to do this ?
(Does anyone know if the Wiz Will play flv's ?)

Thanks !

VLC and Mplayer both play FLV, mplayer is gaurutneed and vlc is likely

You can play them just fine with mplayer, which already works on the pandora dev boards.

FLV files? they're usually a certain "type" of movie downloaded off "particular" web sites ;) hehe

If Mplayer can play: MPEG-1 MPEG-2, AAC, MP3, MP4, H.264, FLV, MKV, AVI (Divx,Xvid) , VOB, WMV/WMA, QT, MOV, RM/RMVB, and... (well you get the picture).

Then it'll make Pandora the greatest handheld device ever made for potable video watching short of an actual Windows laptop. I'd easily pay the 350 bucks just for that because I am really getting annoyed with these MP4 players that dont spport the formats I need to view the stuff I have without having to re-encode things.

Now my real question is will it beable to play the newer vids that all seem to be in 720p. I mean it may be just the version I have of some of the video programs I have on my laptop but I notice it's having trouble playing 720p MKV files.

Alpha2 said:
Now my real question is will it beable to play the newer vids that all seem to be in 720p. I mean it may be just the version I have of some of the video programs I have on my laptop but I notice it's having trouble playing 720p MKV files.
It should be possible with decoders written for the DSP. You'll have to wait a bit for that, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well by the time the Pando is available I'd assume that wouldnt be such a stretch right? We're prpbably realistically talking mid october or early november before any of use consumer types even lay hands on one.

I'm seriously hurting for a decent portable media player, The only player I know of that plays MKV is a Cowon device that well over 300 bucks but has few codecs besides the average MP4, 3GP, WMVand AVIs and doesn't play games or have any PDA/internet functionality like the Pando will have. If I'm ging to drop that kinda cash, I want it to have all the bells and whistles you can stuff in the thing.

Back