GINGE Capabilities

Kumaki

I have a few questions about GINGE's capabilities, if anyone with experience could clear up for me...

1. After getting games working, just for giggles, I tried, and was successful...at getting it to play music. Is there a way to compile a playlist? Or even a playlist file...and what file extension would it have...and what software (freeware) is out ther to compile playlists?

2. What video capability does GINGE have? I notice it does NOT seem to recognize .flv files...which is currently the only video I have on my card. What, if any, file extensions are recognized for video on GINGE?

What, exactly, does not compute?

I have stated that one can play music thru GINGE. I know, I've done it.

I asked if

1. Could you build a playlist that GINGE would also play...and if so, what file extension should your playlist have...and is there any free software out there you can use to build a playlist?

2. Since you CAN play music with GINGE...and there is a place on the menu for video...can you also play video with GINGE? If so, what file extensions does it recognize? I notice it does NOT recognize .flv files.

Now how can I make my question any clearer?

You should propably go check out some GP2X pages or something :p

I know near-nothing about GP2X stuff, but I had to download the pnd because WTF. So it happens to have some GP2X menu with media playing capabilities, ok..

The video player notices avi but doesnt play any of my .avi's so it propably does something like low-res divx with mp3 audio (like what my reaally old phone can do), this just my guess.

It is really weird of you to use a GP2X non-emulator as a media player.

Oh, I have VLC on my Pandy.

This was more a CURIOUSITY question...how far can you GET with GINGE.

Not so much that I wanted to use it as my primary app for video or audio.

Understand?

I just wondered how far you could GET with it...and I was asking of people who have experience with GINGE or who have it...to just try it out and report back.

This comes strictly from a curiousity standpoint.

I do not HAVE much video...but I have loads of audio. So I can test out the audio capability myself. Video, however, is another matter.

Have loads of video...but not yet in a form the Pandy could use.

Back