Core Finished For Fgen?

only one thing, he is working in the emu, in a week (+ o -) we will see a working beta WITH sound.
With the new core, in asm, the works its too more easy.

good news for gp32!!

stay on!

I thought that he had droped the gp32 for the zodiac so it's great to hear that he is still doing some work on it. I wouldn't get to excited yet as he said that it doesn't really play many games yet but I don't doubt that he will be able to work out most of the bugs. I would say if there is ever a time to donate a few bucks for good work done it would be right after the release of this emu or the release of opensnes with the asm core. It's great to hear that it is possible that we will see perfect snes and genesis eulation from these two projects.

time for more mindless rlyeh praising :lol: maybe we should start a "the church of rlyeh"...he could sit up front and everyone could yell praises to him while he codes... then, he can pass a collection plate around :lol:

but this is kelw nooz

If you pop over to ZodiacGamer, someone has actually started a thread asking for donations to buy Rlyeh a Zodiac. If you read the thread further, you will find that Rlyeh previously showed interest in porting his emulators to the Zodiac, but was unable to get hold of a device, because of problems with his location.

Basically, I think that if they succeed in getting the money together for a Zodiac, you can wave him goodbye. I know that when I get my Zodiac, my GP32 will become pretty low priority too. Just being honest here.

Now if only someone had a fast ARM assmebly Z80 core they could give him for the emulator. But full speed is still a great thing =)

To win him back we could always have a fundraiser for him. He goes off to the highest bidding device scene.

RomHacker316 posted on Apr 16 2004 at 06:06 PM said:
Now if only someone had a fast ARM assmebly Z80 core they could give him for the emulator. But full speed is still a great thing =)

To win him back we could always have a fundraiser for him. He goes off to the highest bidding device scene.
lol, you are talking about the Zodiac community here. Most of them have payed £15 for a GBA emulator that doesn't even play GBA games yet. Compare that to the GP32 community where most people find it difficult to part with $5 for GPCinema.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind parting with the $5 until I found out it was gonna be released for free this month. So why spend when I dont know if I'll enjoy it especially since I got a GBA movie player and I hardly use that. :D Patience is a virtue so I can go without it for a little while longer(plus an added bonus is my 64MB card can hold a lot more SNES games without a bunch of video clips on it)

I think you will find rlyeh has had a Z for ages... he is a regular in the Z channel.

No one has moved exculsively to the Z from the GP32. The GP32 scene is still much bigger - and best of all free.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I knew about the Z before I knew about the GP32 but I got a GP32 anyways cause the Z just didnt seem "right" for me to buy (and its like 2 times as expensive as the GP32). He better put this into the GBAX 2004!

Yay, and sound won't take long at all if rlyeh was correct when he said sound code was already in the beta... he's just gotta enable it.

Well hopefully Rlyeh can use mine. I'm looking at the ( very sexy ) Cyclone source at the moment and its giving me alot of ideas on how to make my CPU core alot more easy to use for porting.

Does anyone know what genesis emulator he is porting, because if I know that I can have a look at how that source accesses the Z80 and try and duplicate the functions in my core.

I really excited about this emulator and I'd love to help get it full speed with sound.

wait was rylehworking on fngp?
if not wat happned to zardoz jones and his emu it was pretty good but no save states

Reesy posted on Apr 16 2004 at 08:50 PM said:

Well hopefully Rlyeh can use mine. I'm looking at the ( very sexy ) Cyclone source at the moment and its giving me alot of ideas on how to make my CPU core alot more easy to use for porting.

Does anyone know what genesis emulator he is porting, because if I know that I can have a look at how that source accesses the Z80 and try and duplicate the functions in my core.

I really excited about this emulator and I'd love to help get it full speed with sound.
You should email him and ask him. I believe it would be either Generator or maybe Genesis Plus. Ive heard discussions that he tried Generator and the source behaved in weird ways so he switched to Genesis Plus. Keep in mind thats just what I heard someone else say(not ryleh himself)

Back