Copying Files To The Caanoo's Internal Memory

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Is there any way to copy files to the Caanoo's internal memory? I have a few kernel modules I want to copy over so I don't have to keep loading them from my SD card, which is a bit of a nuisance. I've been trying to do this with Termula2x, but it tells me that the memory is read-only.

nope, you can't copy them. The caanoo's NAND is read only by means.

You could probably fiddle around with the autorun.gpe, that's just a bash script file that gets started when you boot your caanoo. So you could load all your modules in the autorun and then start the caanoo's default menu.

crow_riot said:
nope, you can't copy them. The caanoo's NAND is read only by means.

You could probably fiddle around with the autorun.gpe, that's just a bash script file that gets started when you boot your caanoo. So you could load all your modules in the autorun and then start the caanoo's default menu.
Okay, thanks.

hm... my wireless adapter requires the firmware (rt73.bin) and I'd have to copy it to /usr/lib to be able to use it. Is there another way to use the firmware or tell the system to look for it on my SD card?

Last edited by a moderator:
Com64 said:
Is there any way to copy files to the Caanoo's internal memory? I have a few kernel modules I want to copy over so I don't have to keep loading them from my SD card, which is a bit of a nuisance. I've been trying to do this with Termula2x, but it tells me that the memory is read-only.

Yes, the internal 128 Mbytes are reserved to the OS, the user can't write anything in them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back