Cool Stuff Thread

well, it's 150 (early bird) or 175, for the pip and the controllers...? (pip being speakers, and screen, and case...)

oh, looks like you need to pay extra for the integrated camera.

well dang, i'd love to get one of these for my son, but he's way too young to actually do stuff with it...

"what's the battery life on that?" i asked on the faq. someone else should, too, just so it becomes frequently asked :).

i also wonder if it will get FCC certifications, or if it will be marketed as a developer device only.

the response to my question:
Hi REDACTED. Thanks for getting in touch. The battery we currently have is 2000mAh and gives a running time of approx. 3 hours. We are still finalising battery selection to see if a larger one can be provided, however 2000mAh will be the minimum size we will provide.

Last edited:
Is a three hour battery life acceptable to anyone? Maybe I was spoiled since my first major battery powered device was a GB, and now I expect a reasonable battery life.

Depends if it can sleep efficiently. Three hours active would just about cover my longest non-air travels provided I can put it to sleep or turn it off to save battery when I'm not using it. But yeah, it's not long enough to ever be confident it's not going to run out of juice on any journey really.

@rygD Yeah, attention span of a child is not even 30 minutes. Will be used once or twice then sit in a box somewhere and forgotten; while after a week I remove the software from the laptop where the actual programming is done.
They can take it to school, and during the break they can show it off. Which can be done on the 3 hr juice it has.

Warner Bros. Classic Cartoon Mystery Minis From Funko

Classic-Cartoon-Mystery-Minis-01__scaled_600.jpg

I've got this as a present from my SO. This is a soviet-made LO-70 uncalibrated analog single-beam hobby oscilloscope from around 1970. It has no transistors, only vacuum tubes. The only semiconductor devices are some silicon diodes. Borderline working condition. Amazing...

20171225_194231.jpg

Ghostbusters 1/6 Scale Ecto-1 Vehicle Official Images & Details From Blitzway

So want this, dreading the price.

EDIT: Changed image to one with hands to show scale.

Yeah, a few years back, Hot Toys/Sideshow offered a really nice 1/6 Back to the Future Delorean with poseable Marty figure. I really wanted both, but $500 is probably my budget for such items, and both together where over a grand. http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=256

There is a really cool smaller scale Delorean from part 2 that has a cool hover ability that I'll probably get some day. As who doesn't like hovering? LOL This is the old version, but there is a new one due out soon, but I'm not sure of the differences.

Chris

Yeah, a few years back, Hot Toys/Sideshow offered a really nice 1/6 Back to the Future Delorean with poseable Marty figure. I really wanted both, but $500 is probably my budget for such items, and both together where over a grand. http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=256

There is a really cool smaller scale Delorean from part 2 that has a cool hover ability that I'll probably get some day. As who doesn't like hovering? LOL This is the old version, but there is a new one due out soon, but I'm not sure of the differences.

Chris
BTTF2 was my favorite, so that is probably the one I would go with. I think I might have a much less fancy one in my collection, along with my Ecto-1 (ambulance version), Homer and other movie and tv show cars.

Back