Cool Name For My Program?

A_SN

I need help with trying to find a cool name for a program I been working on.

I call it a "spectrographer and spectrogram synthetizer" (basically, it turns sounds into images (spectrograms), and allows you to turn images (spectrograms) back into sounds) and I guess the best would be to make up a cool name from bits of this, like, Specthetizer, or Spogizer, or Spaphetizer.. or Spographetizer... you see the kind?

Any ideas or opinions?

WhizzBang posted on Oct 13 2006 at 09:23 AM said:
Spectrosonic?

haha sounds cool but it's already relatively widely used (on Google)

bacteria posted on Oct 13 2006 at 09:38 AM said:

Nah, I'd like something that you can't find on Google as of today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Synaesthesia is a condition where (very simplistically) the senses get mixed up so maybe some sort of derivative of that ?

Synez maybe ?

Or "Klangbilder", to use correct German ;)

I'd say call it "tits" - "turn images to sound". It's too funny to not consider it :D

I think 'tits' would get way too many results on Google. Completely unfindable :)

Then again, explaining to your friends that you have tits on your GP2X...

TheMinder posted on Oct 13 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
Synaesthesia is a condition where (very simplistically) the senses get mixed up so maybe some sort of derivative of that ?

Synez maybe ?

I like the synaesthesia idea, although Synez is already taken, I'll try to find something based on that :)

Mosch posted on Oct 13 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Or "Klangbilder", to use correct German ;)

I'd say call it "tits" - "turn images to sound". It's too funny to not consider it :D

lol, great idea, but yeah from a Google user POV it would be literally lost in an ocean of tits.

nickspoon posted on Oct 13 2006 at 08:41 PM said:

Not for the GP2X, although I might make a build for it just for the fun of it, but considered how it involves doing operations and Fourier Transforms on arrays containing up to millions of double-precision floats and how it's already painfully slow on a 2 GHz PC..

By the way what did all these german words mean?

since it converts sounds into images i would call it "Visualise This!"

As not only do everything it says on the tin (like ronseal:p) its also kinda catchy

Only one of the German words actually exists ;) "Klang" means "Sound" and "Bilder" means "pictures" - Klangbilder = Soundpictures. The German word "Klangbild" means a collection of sounds that create a new experience - if you are ambitious, you could call a song a "Klangbild".

nickspoon posted on Oct 13 2006 at 07:41 PM said:
I think 'tits' would get way too many results on Google. Completely unfindable :)

The GP32 had it's own pair of boobs on the back of the unit, And you could play with them even while the machine was switched off, Not that i ever did. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Back