Cool Idea Forgotten?

Winterkid

Website
Visit site
Long ago, we were all discussing a cradle for the GP32 and we all did some what ifs and hows and what was good or bad for ideas... I just found this on my HD again, and figured I'd share it.

gp32cradle.jpg

Long ago, we were all discussing a cradle for the GP32 and we all did some what ifs and hows and what was good or bad for ideas... I just found this on my HD again, and figured I'd share it.

Seems like a cool idea. Ok, inviting flames about "use the search function", was this more than an idea, is there anything solid to back up this concept?

TV out and multiple controllers, definitely could breathe some life into the ol' GP32 given a few people to create some stuff for it. Some altered emulators for a start.

But that's assuming this is more than a concept...

edit: removed unnecessary quoted image :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was mostly pie in the sky talk, but I drew it how I thought it would probably look if it were carried out to production somehow. The extra controller designs were based on a no-name joypad I really enjoyed for the original NES with shoulder buttons added and then I colored them in for a rainbow/fruit flavor feel. Just plain white controllers seemed really plain to me.

I think it was mostly pie in the sky talk, but I drew it how I thought it would probably look if it were carried out to production somehow. The extra controller designs were based on a no-name joypad I really enjoyed for the original NES with shoulder buttons added and then I colored them in for a rainbow/fruit flavor feel. Just plain white controllers seemed really plain to me.

Hum, well the chatboard hack is an excellent addition to the GP32, although it would be good to see it have even more support. I mean, I know the concept of using it as a second control has been scoffed at, but hey it would be something at least.

I really hope the GP2X gets more solid h/w hacking than the GP32 has, and that it doesn't succumb to the same problems of the talented hackers wandering off to other platforms after losing interest...

Altho it would still be nice to see some more h/w hacking on the GP32. Don't look at me, I don't even know how to use a soldering iron to hack a C64DTV :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back