Cool Idea For Bob Dock.

@BenScar, nick away! :lol: I posted mine as 'inspiration' for other ideas ...

@Shifty, cool! Just remember though, the height may not be exact, since I don't yet have the BOB .. some adjustments may be needed to get an exact fit.

TelcoLou said:
@Shifty, cool! Just remember though, the height may not be exact, since I don't yet have the BOB .. some adjustments may be needed to get an exact fit.
Yeah. No problem, I have a huge bin of legos that me and my brother used to play with when we were a bit younger. So I'll just use those if there needs to be any adjustments.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou said:
Well folks, here's what I came up with after several hours of futzing around, and several revisions later:
I ordered the parts, which came to USD $32.40, after tax & shipping, $42.10.

NOTE: I ordered extra 1x1 black plate parts, 12 to be exact. The hight of the platform where the dock is may have to be adjusted a bit higher, since I don't have the BOB in hand to be sure.

Here's a link to the HTML instructions generated by the LDD software, as well as the model file, and the reference image:

(MegaUpload Link)

:D

Damn! I wish you ran GPH.

Sneak preview:

gp2xdocked01ar3.jpg

The docking section is perfect, but I had to make the base smaller ... the LDD software sucks ass, and as such, I had to make adjustments to get the board to fit perfectly

... stay tuned folks ;)

Heres mine:
dsc01194tk9.jpg

It's based off the same thing as Telcolou's but I'll have to try out my BOB on it later for I am not with it at the moment.

Saty tuned :p

Shifty said:
Heres mine:
dsc01194tk9.jpg

It's based off the same thing as Telcolou's but I'll have to try out my BOB on it later for I am not with it at the moment.

Saty tuned :p

Yay!

Though you will find the base is too wide, I had to alter the design. You will also need to glue the bricks together to keep it secure. Cool!! :D

Back