Cool Idea For Bob Dock.

that is a cool idea i have never thought of using lego to make a bob i might try that thanks ruckage :)

heh, nice. Someone could even use legos 3d kit making thingy and sell holders for a profit :)

Does look cool. I've got a lot of lego sitting in the loft, thinking about it. Plus it actually is do it yourself. I'd still like a commercial bob, though...

halo9 said:
lego nes
lego Wii

On the lego website, there's an app that lets you design whatever you want and then order the parts direct from lego! cool..

Those are cool. If I had a BOB I really would be tempted to do this but at the minute they seem like gold dust and I don't have the skill or equipment to make my own. Would look excellent made with black and orange bricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just chucked away a whole load of childhood lego :(.

I'm going to do this. Thanks VERY much for that link ruckage :)

TelcoLou said:
I'm going to do this. Thanks VERY much for that link ruckage :)
I was thinking just the same thing, then remembered that would involve getting it all out of the loft at my Mums place and explaining to the wife WHY I was brining large amounts of technical Lego to an already full house...
Although it might just be worth it *grin*

Look forward to seeing yours TelcoLou :)

Thanks Ruckage, much entertainment and thanks Halo9, downloaded that app now.

The solution to all your problems: Don't ever put away those legoes, neither throwing them away or stashing them on the loft. Geez...what kind of geeks are you, anyway, not taking care of your lego? :D

*proudly flies "geek" flag*

*looks over at the big box of lego on the floor beside me*

...yeah, ok, so I have a three-year-old, so I'm cheating, but still...

Looks good, by the way :)

Moxie said:
The solution to all your problems: Don't ever put away those legoes, neither throwing them away or stashing them on the loft. Geez...what kind of geeks are you, anyway, not taking care of your lego? :D

It's taken care of, promise! ;) neatly packed away (in dust proof bags) in the loft for when my kids come along...

Moxie said:
...yeah, ok, so I have a three-year-old, so I'm cheating, but still...

That is cheating! Going to make sure any little ones I have take a liking to Lego/Technical Lego as soon as possible (so I can play with it again, without looking TO bad) :)

Jarska333 said:
Shadowsithe said:
Um... what exactly does 'irony' mean to you?

Something with high concentration of iron? Like liver, or a battleship!

No problem - I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Hey, I really want to do this but I kinda don't understand what it is. Do I have to order it or can I use my own legos...Or..? :huh:

As promised, here ya go .. my design thus far:

lddscreenshot1lc7.png

lddscreenshot2rq6.png

I think I have the basic shape I need for the docking part and the bottom part where the BOB sits. I'll refine it some more in the next couple of days .. one thing I noticed and will fix is the opening for the EXT plug; it should be more horizontally oriented.

@Shifty ... just go to lego.com, download the designer software (free, easy to use) and you just build away .. it even generates building instructions, and you can order the pieces directly from the program (or, like me, just get an inventory of all the parts you need, and order them seperately)

I'd download it myself, but Vista may confuse it for a virus, and lock itself down, thus preventing the spread of the lego-y badness.

Back