Cooking with Craig : Giant alcoholic Jaffa cake

Gelatin based sweets are disgusting, anyway.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. :lol: (Incidentally, I guess at least one of the major manufacturers sees a market there, since Haribo produces non-gelatine versions of most of their sweets.)

Watching you trying to hand-whisk a whole brick of butter really restored my faith in my own terrible cooking skills..
Don't forget hacking together a power-whisk! :lol:

I point to exhibit A:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Jello_salad

The height of the article is the pic, in full zoom:

Congealed_salad_cranberry.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
somebody should really work on inventing that magical whisking instrument craig has put together. those things would be life savers

These sweet things would give you headaches the morning after. Try cooking something with Scotch next time.

//I love cooking with sherry, a spoon goes to the sauce, all the rest of the bottle is to keep me inspired

Cooking with Craig is destined to become a classic, I know it.

I can't comment much on the recipe, but blending whole oranges? Seriously? That'll taste awful for sure; the white pith is very bitter. Next time try peeling the oranges first (you can add the zest too if you like, but just make sure you exclude the pith). Also, try dissolving powdered gelatin in hot water before you add it to the rest of the ingredients. Those sheets do look a bit disgusting.

Also, Cointreau is much too sweet to drink neat... I feel bad for Craig's poor liver.

Edit: With all that leftover Cointreau, you could do worse than making http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvqcFo8yqU4.

Prometheus, if you think that Jello salad looks disgusting, try one with mayonnaise and vegetables. I imagine they're horrendous (I don't think I ever tried one, but I know I saw some served when I was younger).

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus, if you think that Jello salad looks disgusting, try one with mayonnaise and vegetables. I imagine they're horrendous (I don't think I ever tried one, but I know I saw some served when I was younger).
The very thought makes me feel nauseous. :p

I suppose Craig's not going to be short on ideas for mad things to cook, at least. :p

I had fits of uncontrollable giggling throughout, and disturbed my office mates! Funniest video ever.

Back