Cooking with Craig : Giant alcoholic Jaffa cake

Hahaha, that was a great laugh, Craig. :lol: Thanks for uploading it!

The ever-returning issue with the gelatine sheets had me chuckling repeatedly, as well as the end result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff craig.And yes gelatine is animal fat and is in a lot of cakes.Must be a bitch for vegetarians that,and dont get me started on fruitarians :lol:

They really ought to broadcast weekly cooking programs with Craig in it. That was some great entertainment. :D

gelatine is animal fat and is in a lot of cakes.Must be a bitch for vegetarians that,and dont get me started on fruitarians :lol:

Animal fat would probably turn fewer stomachs, it's made from Collagen, largely extracted from Bone -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin

Pigs, Cows, Horses. Roadkill too probably. Yum.

There are vegetarian gelling agents, but they don't seem very popular or common. Texture & taste must override squeamishness!

Not having time to burn I thoguht hey, I'll just fire it up and skip to the end and see whats up.

Tuesday at 9am, I am unprepared to see Craig in his underpants :eek:

* can not unsee what has been seen *

jeff

My father-in-law, a muslim, only recently discovered the somewhat unfortunate origin of gelling agents. I can't say the idea of them is particularly appealing, even for someone who likes bloody slabs of rare cow. Gelatin based sweets are disgusting, anyway.

The lack of the stuff in jaffa cakes might actually be the secret to their awesomeness.

Craig, if this becomes a series then I fear you might become a competent and less entertaining cook. Watching you trying to hand-whisk a whole brick of butter really restored my faith in my own terrible cooking skills.. which mostly involve loading a bread maker from a pre-mixed packet.

Back