Converting To .mod

Goity

VIP Sleaze
What program can I use for conversion to .mod? I have a wav I need to convert as it is too big.

I think that can't be done.
.Mod/.It & tracker based songs work completly difirrent from wav. They are not compatible/transformable.

Byes

A mod is like a midi in some ways, is a sequence of samples played at the right time, so, you have 5 samples, you compose tracks, and then you play them in order, and you have a mod.
You can't simply do that conversion, but you can take samples from that song, parts that repeats, like the rithm or something like that, and take some samples from another place and write a song that sounds like the wav (or almost)

if you were really desperate, couldn't you load the .wav into a modtracker and lay down the whole track as a single sample?

of course this wouldn't work if it tried to load the whole sample into memory first...

You would have to cut the wav file into small chunks of equal length and insert each part of the segmented sample on to a different page in the mod editor. remove any parts that repeat so as to save on file size. Its quite a time consuming and fiddly way of doing it And you`ll have to get the timing right with tempo commands etc, But thats how they used to do it on the Amiga when they produced remixes if (then) current tunes for thye demo scene.

Trooper

Back