Converting Save States Or..?

djinnkeeper

Still Fresh
I apologize if this is a commonly repeated question, but I couldn't quite find the answer I was looking for after many searches. My problem is that I have DrPocketSNES for GP2x (f100 if that makes any diff) .. when I try to use the save state or SRM file in SNES9x (on my computer) .. it won't load. I don't know wtf to do.

I remember only Snes9x 0.9 or earlier works with handheld emulators savestates.

Do you think I'd be able to load it in an older version of SNES9x, save the game there, then load it in to a newer version, or is there no backward compatibility there? How about cross-compatibility, such as using ZSNES somewhere in the daisy-chaining. (I thought I remembered ZNSES being somehow compatible with SNES9x savestates, once upon a time..) I have tried various methods of using ZSNES to load the save, but to no avail.

I'll be done with the game soon anyhow, but it would be nice to have a method down for future endeavors.

I am using (64bit) linux and don't know what exactly to expect from such a dated incarnation of the emulator. I had been mostly ZSNES-bound for years, but the move to 64bit sorta forced me to use SNES9x.

Thanks for the insight, I will give it a shot with an older version of SNES9x.

What game are you playing? I'm a RPG buff. I don't believe the saves states are backward or cross compatible. I think ALL SNES handheld emulators are based on SNES9X 0.9.

Back