Converting from Real Video

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
Is there ANY good way to convert from realvideo to a legitimate video format? I'm trying to convert several old video game commercials for the GP32 theater site, and nothing is working well.

I was trying to use RM converter 1.4, but the A/V sync sucks. the video would slow down to about 3-4fps for a second or 2, then skip ahead to catch up with the audio. Is there any hope?

you could give TINRA a try however my results with it were similiar to what you seem to have experienced with RM Converter. To get a nice RM -> AVI conversion I ended up playing the RM video fullscreen through my TVout and sending it into my other computer's capture card. A shoddy way of doing it but hey it worked great ! :p

TINRA GUI main webpage
TINRA GUI download + support files

I use 1 of them desktop video recorder programs like snagit. then use a small headphones jack to headphones jack so audio out goes to audio in on the soundcard. Then i start recording and i never lose A/V Sync and the video never slows down its quite simple :)

But you must turn off software emulation on real player or something to do with video playing otherwise u just capture black screen.

Hope this helps :) i use this to convert my old Vivo files vivo sucks cause it dosent have a trachbar so u have to play the whole movie to get to a scean u want to see :(

:ph34r:

vivo, real media, GRRRR I hate those formats they are such a pain in the ass to edit or convert and they just piss me off. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Dozer posted on Jul 14 2003 said:
Will u put the vids to download n e where wen ur dun?
On Abbibi's site here.

Some of them are already up. Mostly the ones I had that WEREN'T realvideo ;)

I'm going to try the Snagit method, which should also help with the one quicktime video that wouldn't convert with vdub

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda lazy, chip. I'll put them up eventually.

I suggest you go to DVDRHELP.com for converting MOVs. I use RAD Video Tools, and Total Recorder if RAD messes up the audio sync. Microsoft doesn't like quicktime, so it's a pain in the ass to work with.

Back