Controls

Tokiopop

One thing that's always annoyed me on stuff like the PSP for emulation was the controls, and how awkward it made things. That, or how easily they were broken.

Those of you who have received your Pandora, would you say the controls are durable, and will survive button smashing? Is the DPad Hadouken worthy?

I don't want to end up braking the thing through violent gameplay.

The Dpad can do everything you need it to do in Street Fighter. It is a very worthy fighter pad. As for the buttons, the only extra thing I would want from them for a fighter would be for it to actually be 6 buttons instead of 4, so that I could have Light, Med, and Heavy all within reach. However, we knew that wasn't happening. ;P However, maybe that can be considered sometime down the road for a later Pandora system. ;)

-God Ginrai

The O and P keys can fill in for the "missing" 5th and 6th face buttons -- the vertical arc looks odd at first, but (speaking from experience!) it's not awkward to use at all.

God Ginrai said:
As for the buttons, the only extra thing I would want from them for a fighter would be for it to actually be 6 buttons instead of 4, so that I could have Light, Med, and Heavy all within reach.

-God Ginrai
I would go for 6 buttons on the Pandora 2. That would also be better for PSX as you could use two of those for R2 and L2.

Last edited by a moderator:
second exodous said:
I would go for 6 buttons on the Pandora 2.
Would it be a-b-c and x-y-z? Because I'd be okay with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still you only have this one dpad on your Pandora. If you play Street Fighter games (which are quite execution heavy) too often you might wear out the dpad rather soon.

Or is this dpad (almost) everlasting since it doesn't have microswitches?

Now, if only there was a Neo Geo emulator to test kof 98 and someone willing to make a combo video to really see the effectiveness of the dpad, i think it would make me cry ;)

Big kisses

Mac

apart from the squeekkkkkk ! the controls are the best i have used ,better than snes !""""!

Back