Controllers

sukhiextreme said:
I have logitech dual action control pad which gives good performance.

To play multiplayer games how can that be done, because pandora only has one usb port.

USB-HUB ?

Forcen said:
rough bluetooth maybe? Would that be possible?

Should be ; have been discussed on the old board, and one of the post stated that cwiid should be portable.

javaJake said:
I plan on getting a DDR dance pad at some point. StepMania on the TV... wow. :)

You can use this general rule of thumb: if it works in Linux already, there's a good chance it'll work on the Pandora. (Basically, however they got it to work in Linux needs to be replicated on the Pandora. Drivers? Custom software? See if they can be ported to ARM.)

I too have been eying up a dance mat.. Are we a generation of dancing gamers?!

I bought a Genius MaxFire Pandora Pro, because, well, it was $7 and I could get free shipping. It comes with a separate mini-USB to USB cable which retracts, and folds to a size smaller than my palm. I thought it might be cool for long trips when I need to pack light. It doesn't feel sturdy enough to be a full-time controller, but good for travel when a friend wants to join in.

http://www.amazon.com/Genius-Pandora-Pro-mini-retractable/dp/B000OE07AA/

Plus, it's a Pandora for my Pandora. Now I just need some streaming Pandora...

Yamara said:
I bought a Genius MaxFire Pandora Pro, because, well, it was $7 and I could get free shipping. It comes with a separate mini-USB to USB cable which retracts, and folds to a size smaller than my palm. I thought it might be cool for long trips when I need to pack light. It doesn't feel sturdy enough to be a full-time controller, but good for travel when a friend wants to join in.

I was seriously considering buying 4 of those for my Pandora, until I saw that the turbo and clear buttons could not be programmed. That just left too few buttons for what I want to do.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Yamara said:

I was seriously considering buying 4 of those for my Pandora, until I saw that the turbo and clear buttons could not be programmed. That just left too few buttons for what I want to do.

-God Ginrai
i actually have 3 so let me give you my personal opinion.
that was a good choice not buying it. the hinge in the middle makes it fold up. having seperate turbo and clear keys is dumb, it's not programmable, the Directional pad is some bastard child of an analog stick and a dpad, and the usb cord is conveniently too long for laptop and netbook use, while too small for desktop use. it has enough buttons for SNES emulation, but you have to use shoulders for select and start.

At the minimum, two people can play - one with the Pandora controls another with the USB controller. But then, there are these things called "USB Hubs" which might allow us to have up to 8 people play at once .. ;)

I'm just overjoyed that we don't have to hack up a cable to get at least two player working.

im hoping we can use the xbox360 wireless reciever with it, that way i dont even need to use a usb hub, my bro can just bring his controller with him >.< they're still pretty bulky though - something like MaxFire Pandora Pro would be great just to carry around with it - but if you guys are saying it sucks, does anyone know a good alternative? the priority for me would be portability as i have my xbox controller for hardcore gaming sessions <_<

Atarimimo said:
Hopefully these will make it to the shops by Xmas
You know, you could just build an adaptor...

There are guides all over the internet.

Kyosys said:
Atarimimo said:
Hopefully these will make it to the shops by Xmas
You know, you could just build an adaptor...

There are guides all over the internet.
I was thinking of building an adapter. I've got a good 4 of them in my closet right now. Any good links?

This site has schematics for a DB9 joystick (Atari and Sega Master System/Genesis) to USB adapter. It's not too complicated if you have some experience with electronics. If you don't feel like soldering, they have ready-made adapters for sale for $26.

Back